Audio subwoofer blown?

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by Burden33, May 7, 2012.

1. Burden33

Burden33 New Member

hey guys put a new fuse under tyhe hood since i blown mine about three weeks ago and now the subwoofer sounds like itrattles everytime the bass note hit is the sub blown or do i have another problem
  2. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member

Unless there's something loose rolling around in the box, it might well be toast...
  3. Burden33

Burden33 New Member

ya i couldnt find anything in the box just aswell to call it blown and order a bigger one. now the question is i need a sub that can handle 1200 watts rms and still be able to fit under my seat
    Last edited: May 7, 2012
  4. MTM

MTM New Member

You can use a 9v battery and test the sub this will tell if the sub is good or not
  5. Burden33

Burden33 New Member

im going to have to try that later but here a video of the sound. [video]http://s746.photobucket.com/albums/xx103/Stylin_Chevy/?action=view&current=IMG_0510.mp4[/video]
  6. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator

It looks like a Alpine Type R Is it? What amp did you have on it? Do you know someone with a Ohm mater or tester?
  7. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member

The specified media does not exist.
  8. osgprometheus

osgprometheus New Member

I second that. lol
  9. kw70chevy

kw70chevy New Member

i bought a down fire box with boss 1200 w speakers hooked my sony 1100 w amp to them and they blew in about a minute. so i put some sony 1100 w speakers in the box and i have no problems.so if they are not name brand speakers dont beleive the watts they say they are.
  10. Burden33

Burden33 New Member

11. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member

Kinda sounds like a snare drum. Yup, it's toast.
  12. Burden33

Burden33 New Member

you think? the funny thing is with the seat down it sounds normal and it actually puts out the bass
  13. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member

Take a meter to it...

Last edited: May 7, 2012
  14. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator

First off Get RID of the Boss Crap... Sorry Then the Sony Crap... Ok now Is that a Alpine Type R? Sealed or ported Box? Get it tested and also look for air leaks if it is a Sealed box..
  15. Burden33

Burden33 New Member

yes its an alpine type R. its a sealed box or it was when i first got it
  16. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator

What is it now? Still sealed? That sub works best in a sealed.. Do you know someone with a meter?
  17. Burden33

Burden33 New Member

Screw it burn the whole system and just use my stock stereo
  18. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator

Don't have to do that.. Get the speaker checked first then find a good Sealed box and Amp..
  19. Burden33

Burden33 New Member

i thought i had a good amp i had the alpine pdx-m12 or that is what i was told anyways and im going to build a new box for it
  20. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator

oH... oK i THOUGHT YOU WERE STILL RUNNING the sony amp.. Sorry Get the sub checked first then a nice tight box..