1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Audio subwoofer blown?

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by Burden33, May 7, 2012.

Newest Gallery Photos

1. Burden33

Burden33 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

hey guys put a new fuse under tyhe hood since i blown mine about three weeks ago and now the subwoofer sounds like itrattles everytime the bass note hit is the sub blown or do i have another problem

2. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Unless there's something loose rolling around in the box, it might well be toast...

3. Burden33

ya i couldnt find anything in the box just aswell to call it blown and order a bigger one. now the question is i need a sub that can handle 1200 watts rms and still be able to fit under my seat

Last edited: May 7, 2012
  4. MTM

MTM Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

You can use a 9v battery and test the sub this will tell if the sub is good or not

5. Burden33

im going to have to try that later but here a video of the sound. [video]http://s746.photobucket.com/albums/xx103/Stylin_Chevy/?action=view&current=IMG_0510.mp4[/video]

6. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

It looks like a Alpine Type R Is it? What amp did you have on it? Do you know someone with a Ohm mater or tester?

7. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

The specified media does not exist.

8. osgprometheus

osgprometheus Member 2 Years 100 Posts

I second that. lol

9. kw70chevy

kw70chevy Member

i bought a down fire box with boss 1200 w speakers hooked my sony 1100 w amp to them and they blew in about a minute. so i put some sony 1100 w speakers in the box and i have no problems.so if they are not name brand speakers dont beleive the watts they say they are.

10. Burden33