1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Subwoofer Box

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by danjr80, Jun 13, 2009.

1. danjr80

danjr80 New Member

Does anyone know of a decent sub box for the 2007 new body style REGULAR cab silverado? I have looked everywhere? Or if anyone has pictures of there current box in a new body style silverado for ideas that would be great. By the way i am new here. Thanks.
  2. 2ToNe04

2ToNe04 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Hey welcome for cali.

is the new body style like 07-09 or 99-07 bodystyle?

also what size of speakers are you looking to put in?
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2009
  3. nickgiacalone

nickgiacalone Rockstar 100 Posts

welcome to the site
  4. danjr80

danjr80 New Member

07-09 And i would like to get two decent sized 10's in there. And thanks for the welcome, it is nice to find a decent silverado forum.
    EDIT: or even four good sized 8's
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2009
  5. danjr80

danjr80 New Member

Factory XM antenna

Has anyone used the factory antenna on a aftermarket head unit? Is it possible? Thanks.
  6. crazi

crazi New Member

Its possible. I have that in my 98. Best bet is to go to Wal-Mart or Best Buy, they make adapters... Just find your year and make and you are good to go.
  7. danjr80

danjr80 New Member

I apologize, i meant the factory xm antenna to say a alpine headunit. I dont really like the magnetic antennas.
  8. sstoner911

sstoner911 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

The shop that put my system in tried to use the factory one with my Pioneer deck - the factory one is wired in to the harness and couldnt be used :grrrrrr:

So I am stuck with the magnetic one also.
  9. 2ToNe04

2ToNe04 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

yea its possible to use the factory xm antenna, take it to people who actually know what theyre doing!

also, dont buy a box from the internet(TOO HEAVY), go to your local stereo shops and ask for a box that will fit you truck, it should atleast cost you around 70-100