Subwoofer Box

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by danjr80, Jun 13, 2009.

1. danjr80

danjr80 New Member

Does anyone know of a decent sub box for the 2007 new body style REGULAR cab silverado? I have looked everywhere? Or if anyone has pictures of there current box in a new body style silverado for ideas that would be great. By the way i am new here. Thanks.

2. 2ToNe04

2ToNe04 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Hey welcome for cali.

is the new body style like 07-09 or 99-07 bodystyle?

also what size of speakers are you looking to put in?

Last edited: Jun 13, 2009
  3. nickgiacalone

nickgiacalone Rockstar 100 Posts

welcome to the site

4. danjr80

danjr80 New Member

07-09 And i would like to get two decent sized 10's in there. And thanks for the welcome, it is nice to find a decent silverado forum.
    EDIT: or even four good sized 8's

Last edited: Jun 14, 2009
  5. danjr80

danjr80 New Member

Factory XM antenna

Has anyone used the factory antenna on a aftermarket head unit? Is it possible? Thanks.

6. crazi

crazi New Member

Its possible. I have that in my 98. Best bet is to go to Wal-Mart or Best Buy, they make adapters... Just find your year and make and you are good to go.

7. danjr80

danjr80 New Member

I apologize, i meant the factory xm antenna to say a alpine headunit. I dont really like the magnetic antennas.

8. sstoner911

sstoner911 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

The shop that put my system in tried to use the factory one with my Pioneer deck - the factory one is wired in to the harness and couldnt be used :grrrrrr:

So I am stuck with the magnetic one also.

9. 2ToNe04

2ToNe04 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

yea its possible to use the factory xm antenna, take it to people who actually know what theyre doing!

also, dont buy a box from the internet(TOO HEAVY), go to your local stereo shops and ask for a box that will fit you truck, it should atleast cost you around 70-100