Subwoofer install

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by Drifter, Apr 7, 2008.

1. Drifter

Drifter New Member

Just a quick question. Have you fellas heard or saw anything on installing sub-woffers behind the rear seat in a 2008 Crew Cab. If you have any pic that would be great.

2. MWright936

MWright936 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

If you've got the $$, JL Audio makes custom enclosures that go under the seat of the 08 crew cab, but they're pretty pricey. I know my 05 has enough room to put a couple 10s behind the seat, but I'm not sure if the 08 is different as far as cab room goes. I've only had my truck for a couple weeks, so I haven't gotten to that point yet. I do most of my research on Crutchfield.com. Most of the time it will tell you what fits your particular truck. Hope that helps a little. Good luck!

3. drumrob

drumrob Rockstar 100 Posts

I have dual 12" under my seat. Its a little tight but it does the job. I think I payed about $80.00 so it wasnt that bad. Sounds really good though. But I would rather have subs behind my seat. let me know if you find anything

4. Drifter

Drifter New Member

Thanks fellas. I might end up building something. I just need a little thump maybe one 10" sub. I want to put them behind so I can still use the space under the seat if I need to. I might just have to try out one of those new fancy shallow subs.

5. drumrob

Quick question. Where did you get your led tail lights? How do you like them?

6. Drifter

Drifter New Member

7. drumrob

They Look Pretty Cool Thanks

8. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

you could also go with eights in the doors, a custom shop would be in order though they could work in a sub that would stay out of the way. just depends on how much you want to spend