1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Subwoofers.

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by 1953bowtieguy, Jan 29, 2013.

1. 1953bowtieguy

1953bowtieguy New Member

Hey guys I have my 2 subs in my yukon and i want to get two more. And i was just wondering if there is anything else i need to do besides maybe get a cap and a higher amp. But i was just wondering if i need to do anything else. :neutral:
  2. zigger215

zigger215 New Member

What do ya got and what are you adding? A cap won't do ya much good :). But there are plenty of quality upgrades I can throw your way. Just gotta know the equipment you had in mind.
  3. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

As said above.. Give us the Brand and models of what you have now and what you want.. We can help you much better then..
  4. 1953bowtieguy

1953bowtieguy New Member

Well i have some mtx subs in know if you look at my garage. and i was thinking maybe some more mtx or some alpine type r or type e
  5. Enkeiavalanche

If you are going to add subs do all the same so you get a Balanced sound.. Never mix them. Do you have the model #'s? What amp are you running?
  6. zigger215

zigger215 New Member

I second that. I'm also a fan of all my woofers sharing the same enclosure if possible. Obviously the enclosure would be built to spec for 4 of the same woofers and required air space.

Unless you're going to get it professionally tuned, I would run a single amplifier as well, running an amp per pair gets tricky and you could lose that balance that Enkei is talking about.
  7. 1953bowtieguy

1953bowtieguy New Member

I dont have the numbers but i have a 500 watt kenwood amp that i know would have to be replaced.
  8. zigger215

zigger215 New Member

What exactly are your goals/expectations? (Expectations being the more important question)

Lol saying "more bass" won't satisfy the question either :)

How much more bass are you looking for?

Your bass will NOT double by adding two more subs.
  9. Enkeiavalanche

We need model #'s please... You might be able to bring that amp to 1 1/2 ohm's and get a full 500 watts out to the right 4 subs.. Kenwood amps have been good for doing that.. But we need to know what you have..
  10. 1953bowtieguy

1953bowtieguy New Member

[MENTION=50750]zigger215[/MENTION] well i guess i kinda want it to bumb a lil more that it does. But dont want it too loud.
    [MENTION=34858]Enkeiavalanche[/MENTION] i should be able to get the numbers tomoro. And how are you able to do that with an amp?