1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

1. cheffernan

cheffernan New Member

Ha sanybody out there attempted to make their own hidden subwoofer box? I have been a big fan of making my own boxes for years, but I am a bit dissapointed with the availability of aftermarket "stealth" sub boxes for new tahoes and yukons. They have one that can handle one 8" woofer that hides in the fron of the console, and one that hides under the rear seat on the drivers side, they both run about $250 a piece for just the friggin' box!!! I designed and built a box that can hold a 10" woofer under the rear seat and still have room for an amplifier rack on the passenger side. I will test this weekend on a road trip to Orlando and let you all know how to build it if it is up to par. It only cost about $30 and about 5 hours to build.[/img]

2. Aeropagus

Aeropagus Rockstar Platinum Contributor 100 Posts

I have seen quite a few different styles at the different places that I have gone. Some are just basic shapes, some are designed to fit into a truck/SUV.

Back in high school we used to try to build the perfect box that was isometric, etc. Hard to do!

3. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Did you ever get a box, Cheffernan???

4. ProzacKid

ProzacKid Rockstar 100 Posts

What do you mean by a hidden box?

5. Aeropagus

Aeropagus Rockstar Platinum Contributor 100 Posts

I can get you a box. What are you looking for?

6. devildg84

devildg84 New Member

does anyone know where i can get a custom box for my 01 tahoe that will fit 12" rockford subs

7. CompToyZ

CompToyZ New Member

Fiberglass is your friend :)