1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Suggestion - Member Journals

Discussion in 'Announcements & Feedback' started by 09Z71BLKBST, Nov 10, 2009.

1. 09Z71BLKBST

09Z71BLKBST New Member

I would just like to suggest a member journals section where when a member does thing shis/her truck we can follow all the upgrades and learn how what and where they do all of these upgrades. I am new to the site so i may be missing it if it is here, but i thoroughly enjoy the site already either way.
  2. retired2001

retired2001 New Member 1000 Posts

Would the "BLOG" section do the same thing or I may be missing your meaning? It sounds like a good idea to follow a project though. Good luck!
  3. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 New Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

No it's not the same as a blog, I know what he's talking about. The S-10 forum that I am on has what are called member's garage's, you can go in the person's garage and see what they have been working on and what they are currently working on. I actually like that idea for this site, it lets you personalize it as well which is cool.
  4. 09Z71BLKBST

09Z71BLKBST New Member

yea, on the camaro5 forum they have one where you can watch everything that one person does to there individual vehicle and i enjoy watching there projects develop.
  5. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

This can be done with the blogs section, and in fact that is one of the goals I had in mind when I added the blogs was to do this. The "members garage" is not a very good solution, unless someone has customized the code that I have seen and made it better.

I think I can make a drop-down section for each blog where you can talk about your own vehicle and then link to your photo gallery to show pictures of the progress. The next update of this software should help to draw it all together to make it more seamless.
  6. Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

That's exactly what I use my blog for, and I have the award to prove it... :party:
    <-----------
  7. 09Z71BLKBST

09Z71BLKBST New Member

I think after looking through the blogs for the most part it is what i was talking about and i do appreciate the replies, either way thanks for the considerations.
  8. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

As far as I understand, the next version of this software will tie together all aspects of the site from groups to posts to articles to blogs to photo albums. So moving forward we should be able to find better ways to use the "blogs" tools as a seperate way to discuss stuff that is only about the author, not a thread to discuss back and forth. That's the key difference between them.