1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Suggestions for a Diesel Chip are very welcome!

Discussion in 'Programmers & Tuning' started by Drake_korthos, Mar 9, 2012.

1. Drake_korthos

Drake_korthos New Member ROTM Winner

Hey there, my Grandfather's lookin into purchasing a chip for his truck to boost his HP during trips. Right now we're tryin to find a brand or product to look into as I'm not too savvy on Diesel's, and he's not too keen on the programmer/chip world! He's currently running a 2002 GMC Sierra 2500HD with the Duramax Turbo diesel (6.6L) coupled with the Allison 1000 transmission. He's already installed a Banks CAI, and redid the exhaust. We're hopin to keep the price under $600 if at all possible. We're also just lookin for a chip or module, no programmers. I really appreciate all ya'lls help!
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2012
  2. DiabloMike

DiabloMike New Member

Easy, for under $600 you can do a Trinity, which has tunes for towing (40HP), economy (60 HP), performance (85 HP) and extreme (100 HP).
    Any of the tunes will add solid mileage gains on the order of 2-3, even 4 over stock if driven sanely :)

The Trinity is a full color touch screen device, and will allow you to monitor real time gauges while driving down the street.

Let me know if you have any questions:
    http://www.diablosport.com/index.php?module=htmlpages&func=display&pid=151

Thanks