1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Suggestions for wheel chrome cleaner

Discussion in 'Detailing & Truck Care' started by Lakeman, Jun 2, 2012.

1. Lakeman

Lakeman New Member

I have tried a couple different wheel cleaning products to try and shine up the chrome portion of my wheels with no success. Does anyone have a type of chrome cleaner that seems to work better for this? Seems like the dirt and brake dust is just burnt into these wheels.
    a bit tough to tell from this picture, but if you look towards the right side of the wheel where the camera flash is not so bright you can see what I am talking about.

Thanks in advance!

Attached Files:

• 015.jpg
      015.jpg
      File size:
      55.4 KB
      Views:
  2. JnBama

JnBama Active Member 2 Years 500 Posts

check with one the sponsers Adams polishes , if you have aluminum/ chrome wheels I think Eagle One had alum/ chrome cleaner polish mixed with a real fine wool.
  3. Dylan@Adams

Dylan@Adams Member 100 Posts

Pitting and corrosion to that level isn't going to come clean with just a cleaner, you'll need to put some work in with a polish to restore them completely.

I would start with just a good soap and water cleaning, then take a claybar to the hoop to see where that gets you. A lot of times things like that are just stuck to the surface, but will come loose with clay. Once thats done you may want to give our 2 stage metal polish a try:

http://www.adamspolishes.com/p-602-adams-metal-polish-1-2-combo.aspx

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rydOUI0xHD8
  4. Lakeman

Lakeman New Member

Awesome, thanks for the replies, and advice, I will give them a shot.