Suggestions on a power programmer

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by jrlawre80, Feb 6, 2012.

1. jrlawre80

jrlawre80 New Member

Looking to add a power programer to my 07 silverado. What does everyone suggest? Pros / cons what ever. Just looking for some ideas Thanks

2. donyms

donyms Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Well, I got the Edge CS programer and it is my favorite upgrade on my truck. You can get a pod with it that gives it that built in look and it gives you all the info available from your computer, Gauges, trouble codes with definition and the ability to clear them. Also the instant and average mileage is a great feature.
    Free lifetime updates through your computer, and mine I run on level 2 economy and not only does it help gas mileage, the truck is very quick on 2. When I first got it I tried it for a few days on level 4 extreme with premium gas and let me tell you it was extreme. It actually had to much pep for every day driving so I put it back on 2. I am running 285-50-20 tires on my truck and it will brake them loose shifting to 2nd and sometimes bark them going into 3rd and as I said this is on level 2. Also the customer support could not be better. Also if you ever have to pull a trailer you will love it. Now they are not cheap but I think they are well worth it. :glasses:

http://www.edgeproducts.com/?utm_so...rch&utm_content=Text&utm_campaign=Edge_Search

More Truck 042rs.jpg

3. PearlWhiteLTZ

PearlWhiteLTZ Rockstar

More features = More money...

I kept it simple. Superchips Flashpaq. The guys i talked to a the shop in town say they install all kinds of tuners in customer trucks. The superchips was the one that gave them the least amount of issues. At $325, it wasn't cheap, but it wasn't that expensive either. I'm happy with it. I spent some time today adjusting shift points, disabling the AFM, and adjusting a few other settings...The truck runs good and it seems to have tied the exhaust and intake mods together nicely.

just my .02

4. PearlWhiteLTZ

PearlWhiteLTZ Rockstar

ok, after installing and driving around for a few days with the superchips tuner, i decided to switch it out for the DiabloSport inTune. While the superchips flaspaq made a noticable difference, it only allowed for changes to be made to the 1st-4th shifts. After driving for a few days, it began "quick shifting" thought 5th and 6th and then lugging the motor way down around town. I tried upgrading the tuner, but it seems it does not support the 6 speed transmissions.

The diablo tuner has made improvements not only to HP, but shifting in all 6 gears. The touch screen is kind of finiky, but its clear and easy to use. Driving normally, the truck is as mild mannered as stock. But wack the gas, and the thing barks to life spinning the tires with the traction control off. I'm pretty satisfied.

Again, the flaspaq worked well, but it just wasn't made to support the 6spd it seems.

5. 08_rado_rocker

08_rado_rocker Member 2 Years 500 Posts

The tuner i put in mine (bullydog GT).. i wouldn't waste my money on again. i actually returned it. It gave me all sorts of fits with DTC's popping up, door locks not working properly, and really the only thing i noticed that was good about it was raising the governor, and then the trans shift was pretty good. at 450$... not worth it. I will say this though.. i didn't realize that the tune was gonna stay in my truck when i removed it, so i guess i scored a free program? lol

good luck to ya!

6. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

I currently don't have one. I have looked into it a bit though. I am going to go with a Diablo with a custom tune by Lew. The reason I am going to go that route is he has a good rep around this forum. A member who lives close by has one and was able to give a glowing recommendation. The other thing is the fact that it is custom to me. You datalog for a period of time than send it to him and he will take that info and make a tune for you.

7. PearlWhiteLTZ

PearlWhiteLTZ Rockstar

I'm considering doing a Diablew tune as well now that i have the Diablo InTune. Its just going to be tough to get the data he needs as I don't drive that much each day.

The Diablo tune is pretty good for a universal tune though.