1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Summer 2013 ~ What did you do this summer?

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by ChevyFan, Aug 9, 2013.

1. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

My daughter thinks it was great, since the airline tickets and hotel to Hawaii were paid for and non-refundable Im letting her and the son-In law go in our place. My boss is also working on getting the company to reemburse me even though I gave the tickets to my daughter.
    Yea Ive got a job and way to much work there as long as I want it.
  2. forsakendemon

forsakendemon New Member

In this economy, consider yourself lucky to have more work and not less. :S

I'm going to Europe, Greece... Really looking forward to it.
  3. jsmith4816

jsmith4816 Member 2 Years 100 Posts

The move way about 140 miles. Not bad, I was really happy with how my 94k1500 did. It had never pulled a trailer before and did it with no problems. The move was because I was stuck at a dead end job doing security, so my girlfriend asked if we could try it on the east side (shes from here, we met at school). I said yeah, so now we are here. I 'm doing security again, for Chrysler. Its a cool but boring job. I work at warren truck, so get to look at the rams being built all day long. Every once in a while, I sit and "guard" the viper plant. By "guard", I really mean sit in a booth and watch them get loaded on trucks, then sign them out when they leave, lol.

Just waiting for some extra money to do my MCOLES testing (Michigan Commision on Law Enforcement Standards), so I can apply for an Officer position. Thinking about heading to Detroit PDs career fair, but still undecided.
  4. FrigginNoodles

FrigginNoodles Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

Two of my summer highlights, a trip to Oxnard, CA and camping / tailgating at Countryfest 2013

tailgating3.jpg
    tailgating2.jpg
  5. McClintoc

McClintoc Active Member Staff Member 2 Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Not a huge project but I put this together today:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  6. rileyjr16

rileyjr16 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

Deployed... But saw 5 other countries... For free
  7. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Thank you for traveling around the world for us!

- - - Updated - - -

Country fest looks like a good time.
  8. ChevyFan

That looks like a good time.
  9. ChevyFan

What countries did you see?
  10. ChevyFan

How's your new city working out?