1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Summer is prime time for car thieves

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by ChevyFan, Jul 18, 2007.

Random Gallery Photos

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

[​IMG]Despite a variety of improved anti-theft devices, more than 1.2 million cars and trucks – worth more than $7.6 billion – are stolen each year. Summertime is prime time for car thieves. According to the National Insurance Crime Bureau vehicle thefts soar in July and August. By ConsumerMan Herb Weisbaum.

More...
  2. 84fiero123

84fiero123 New Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I always thought it was more a winter sport, most people leave their cars unlocked in the winter to get in more quickly.

I have never mentioned this before, for fear of making enemies here. But as a teenager I had a rather colorful past as my wife likes to put it.

You see I was part of an auto theft ring in the late 60’s early 70’s. Paid my dues, did my time, and paid restitution.

So I am a pretty good resource for those who would like to know how to make their trucks and cars more theft proof. Even though it has been so 30+ years the technology may have changed but the ways to keep your car from being stolen really haven’t.

Now I will go silently into the shadows.