Summer meet in DFW Texas? (Maybe Mid August?)

Discussion in 'Meets & Get-Togethers' started by ChevyFan, Jun 12, 2012.

1. reggiecab2000

reggiecab2000 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

DFW definitely seems like more of a southern meet...
    tennessee isnt very southern,
    my .02

2. 08_rado_rocker

08_rado_rocker Member 2 Years 500 Posts

Can we get an update on if this thing is going to happen? Gonna try and get Billy to come with and bring our prototype to show off with. Could use this trip for several reasons!

3. ChevyFan

ChevyFan The Sheriff Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

We're not going to have any time to plan this event for this same day. Plus, I don't want to take anything away from the hard work that Erica did on these events, my hat is really off to her for all that she's done for the site!

How about we try for a Saturday in mid August? I've got the place to meet up at and we can get all of us Texans that can't hit the other meets.

4. bby366

bby366 Member

11th or 18th,make the call.Seems as if someone needs to make the call.I will say 18th.Just say yea or nay.

5. ChevyFan

ChevyFan The Sheriff Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Ok, I have confirmed that Fat Daddy's in Mansfield is open and they will be more than happy to have us out for a meet. They've got a big parking lot (can hold about 500 trucks probably) and they have a few grassy areas ... plus they open at like 11 am and we can go in there to hang out as well.

What are some good dates and times for everyone? I'm working with the folks at House of Hotrods to get one of the trucks out there to drive like the GMC Rock Crawler (not street legal) or another one of the trucks.

6. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

It's Mansfield no one ever worries about being street legal down there lately!!!

I've got a new Job that requires me to work Sunday's and being I'm still working at the old place every other Saturday I work (which means the 11th) So I vote for the 18th.

7. bby366

bby366 Member

Thats three,any more? Steve I hope you bring some stickers.See you saturday.

8. bby366

bby366 Member

Maybe next time we will set a time.Was there 1 to 3 with 427 hot rod.

9. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Yea I missed this one, I was waiting for more confirmation if it was gonna happen and what time.
    Maybe we can tag on one of the local shows and meet up, theres a few that happen every couple of weeks.

10. bby366

bby366 Member

We will try again sometime,any saturday.I was looking for more replies,did not get any but you.We will set a time frame next time.thanks.