1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Summer Road Trips?

Discussion in 'Sports & Outdoors' started by ChevyFan, Jun 9, 2009.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

Anyone going to take a summer road trip this year? If so, where are you going, what will you do and what are you driving?
  2. redneckarmyMP

redneckarmyMP New Member

going back down to Eglin Air Force base for annual training at the end of July.well be down there for 2 weeks and ill be workin midnight patrol!looking forward to it.and during our off time heading to the beach to relax!ill be taking my 04 silverado down there and using it for runnin around but for field training well be using the humvees and for patrol well be using impalas or tahoes
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2009
  3. GaryL

GaryL New Member ROTM Winner Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

I went for an 850 mile, three day motorcycle ride to the Texas Hill Country at the end of May with some friends. That's pretty much all I have planned for the summer.
  4. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

anyone else??
  5. bry2500

bry2500 New Member 1000 Posts

If money permits, me and 3 buddies are driving down to Myrtle beach to play a few rounds. We'll either be in my avalanche or in a 2000 Cadillac STS
  6. tbplus10

tbplus10 Super Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

The wife and I are planning a motorcycle trip down to Austin and San Antone for 3 days, looks like we'll be going in July sometime.
    In the fall were planning on trailering the bike to Kissimmee FL and riding with my cousin down to Key West for a few days.
  7. 2COR517

2COR517 New Member 1000 Posts

I am planning to go see my brother in Nashville (I live in Maine). I originally thought I would fly, but am considering driving. I might visit someone in PA on the way down, and I might get crazy enough to visit another friend in Florida.

As for vehicle, I will NOT be taking any of my current vehicles. I'd have to get a second to pay for the fuel. Probably rent something. My brother got a Must@#g Convertible once, said it was nice.
  8. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 New Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

We are going down to Bowling Green Kentucky this summer, to visit the Corvette plant and take a tour through it. Then we are going to spend a couple days at the Goodguy's show down there, so all in all it will be a three day event.
  9. Crakums_GT

Crakums_GT New Member

Hoping to take a trip up to Canada and at least one more trip to either Wyoming or SD to take my family to some places they've never been (Devil's Tower, Yellowstone, Mt. Rushmore, Black Hills, Winnipeg). Don't know how that will play out though since i'm looking at forking out about $1k for new tires for the truck and probably another $1k for the Durango also. We'll most likely be driving the truck though since it'll get the new tires first and I'll be getting a collapsable truck topper for the pups to ride in the back.

-Greg
  10. bd1326

bd1326 New Member

may go to canada the end of september fishing for muskie again, a groups of us has gone the last three years, not sure if everyone is still going yet or not. will be hauling "the 18 foot canoe" as my buddies and i call it, its the most narrow bass boat anyone has every seen. made the trip last year in my '05 silverado 2500 for the first time, sucked on gas but who cares when you got cold beer and a fishing pole.