1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Summer Stroker project

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by JTx9, Mar 28, 2014.

1. JTx9

JTx9 New Member

Hey ya'll, I'd like to have some opinions on my prospective engine build I'd like to start some time this year.

My truck as it sits is just a stock L33 5.3 minus CAI and Tuner.

So here we go.

Port and polish my stock heads (Exact same mold as the LS6 heads)
    Comp cams cam - 54-426-11
    Springs, roller lifters, new rods, maybe new timing gear and head studs.

And Here's where I really want opinions...
    I was thinking of taking a 6.0 truck block, maybe bore it +.03
    Put in a stroker kit as follows,
    Flat top -3 cc pistons
    Compression height 1.043 in.
    4340 forged crank, 4.125 in stroke
    6.125 in H-beam rods also 4340 forged

that would give me compression around 11-12:1

Anyone object to this please speak now or forever hold your peace :lol:.
    Please give me any suggestions of a different cam or any other parts or if you can give suggestions of a more economical way to throw a few grand at a motor then please indulge me. I know super chargers would cost about the same for the parts im listing but I kinda want to go all motor. but I may change my mind and put dome pistons for lower compression so that when I change my mind I wont have to tear it back apart to put in new pistons.

new 473.jpg
  2. 00chevy53

00chevy53 New Member 100 Posts

Check out texas-speed.com for cam kits and other parts. Id say your on the right track just dont forget about needing a better oil pump like a ported ls6 one. Even a transmission pan that holds a couple more quarts of oil since your running a 4l60e with the 5.3 im guessing... around about 500hp the motor try's to suck the trans dry.