Summer time truck meet

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by GMCErica, Jan 22, 2012.

1. Coach24

Coach24 Rockstar 3 Years 5000 Posts

i think ideally a 4-5 hour radius regional trip should be the max.if others want to come from further away so be it.
    change it up year after year unless we get a huge group of sponsors for one area to keep it coming back

2. GMCErica

GMCErica Rockstar 3 Years GMTC Chick 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

if your talking only 4-5 hour drive for the meet, then I would be only driving to ALBERTA, and then three members and me would be meeting.. I would drive to Seattle 23 hours to the meet, ChevyGirl, is my girl... she would want me there.. I would drive to the meet.. I wouldnt drive to Ontario, too far.. one week drive..too far... But I understand what you are saying,... more people need to post with their opinions...

3. Coach24

Is there a list to show member numbers state by state. territory by territory?

4. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I already intend to meet up with locals for beers in Feb. I wouldn't be willing to do a national event -- too far to drive or fly. A regional would serve little purpose for me as the folks I'd want to meet wouldn't be in it; they're either outside the country or far, far from my neck of the proverbial woods.

5. donyms

donyms Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Great idea, Regional is the way to go. I'm in if you have one down south. :glasses:

6. Red Z71 Max

Red Z71 Max Rockstar 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

[MENTION=50075]SurrealOne[/MENTION] do live in the Raleigh/Durham area?? Do you ever make it down to the Dirty Myrtle area???

7. GMCErica

GMCErica Rockstar 3 Years GMTC Chick 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

The Moderator's would know that information... and I would love for Surrealone to trexx to the Alaska Hwy... LOL he would freeze his butt off!! I am willing to drive to Washington for a meet

8. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Yup, I'm in the RTP area. On the weekends I can often be found in/near Danville, VA, as well. I haven't been to Myrtle Beach, SC since high school. (I never did understand the fascination with spring breakers going there...)

9. Coach24

It would be cool to get a membership list by location then select a site based on the masses per region

10. sgtsjj

sgtsjj Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

i think id get into to much trouble driving through canada...i refuse to use 4WD unless i can not move at all....i prefer to go down the road sideways, its much more fun that way...its just to bad we all live so far away, because a huge meet would be pretty sweet