1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Summer time truck meet

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by GMCErica, Jan 22, 2012.

1. Coach24

Coach24 New Member 1000 Posts

i think ideally a 4-5 hour radius regional trip should be the max.if others want to come from further away so be it.
    change it up year after year unless we get a huge group of sponsors for one area to keep it coming back
  2. GMCErica

GMCErica New Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

if your talking only 4-5 hour drive for the meet, then I would be only driving to ALBERTA, and then three members and me would be meeting.. I would drive to Seattle 23 hours to the meet, ChevyGirl, is my girl... she would want me there.. I would drive to the meet.. I wouldnt drive to Ontario, too far.. one week drive..too far... But I understand what you are saying,... more people need to post with their opinions...
  3. Coach24

Is there a list to show member numbers state by state. territory by territory?
  4. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I already intend to meet up with locals for beers in Feb. I wouldn't be willing to do a national event -- too far to drive or fly. A regional would serve little purpose for me as the folks I'd want to meet wouldn't be in it; they're either outside the country or far, far from my neck of the proverbial woods.
  5. donyms

donyms Active Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Great idea, Regional is the way to go. I'm in if you have one down south. :glasses:
  6. Red Z71 Max

Red Z71 Max Active Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

[MENTION=50075]SurrealOne[/MENTION] do live in the Raleigh/Durham area?? Do you ever make it down to the Dirty Myrtle area???
  7. GMCErica

GMCErica New Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

The Moderator's would know that information... and I would love for Surrealone to trexx to the Alaska Hwy... LOL he would freeze his butt off!! I am willing to drive to Washington for a meet
  8. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Yup, I'm in the RTP area. On the weekends I can often be found in/near Danville, VA, as well. I haven't been to Myrtle Beach, SC since high school. (I never did understand the fascination with spring breakers going there...)
  9. Coach24

It would be cool to get a membership list by location then select a site based on the masses per region
  10. sgtsjj

sgtsjj New Member 1000 Posts

i think id get into to much trouble driving through canada...i refuse to use 4WD unless i can not move at all....i prefer to go down the road sideways, its much more fun that way...its just to bad we all live so far away, because a huge meet would be pretty sweet