summit headers

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by redneckarmyMP, Sep 22, 2009.

1. redneckarmyMP

redneckarmyMP Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

anybody have any opinions or experience on these?ive been wanting to swap my manifolds for headers.but i thought id see what everybody else thinks about them first.seems like a good price.and do you think theyd bolt right up to the crossover pipes?thanks!

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SUM-G9048/?image=large

2. sc99z71

sc99z71 Rockstar 100 Posts

I was just looking on the Summit website yesterday wondering the same thing! Would they add HP or sound to exhaust?

3. MXZ1983

MXZ1983 Rockstar 100 Posts

I actually just put these on yesterday, and yes, they add horsepower and give the truck a more throaty exhaust note, I would invest in them, those are the same ones I put on my truck, there are holes in the headers for the O2 sensors too if you are worried about that. Easy install, definately worth the money. i will post vids soon.

4. Loggerhead Mike

Loggerhead Mike Rockstar 100 Posts

thanks mx i was wondering the same too

5. sc99z71

Thanks for the info! Looks like these are going on the Christmas List!!!!

6. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

I see they have only a 90day warranty. I think I would save up for a better set, like JBA or Edelbrock shorties. If you save up more you can get long tubes for more torque and power.

7. wrightj

wrightj Member

yea boys i think im gunna have to invest in them also. I bet it would sound pretty mean?

8. sc99z71

But with the long tube header dont you basically have to get a whole new exhaust system, the reason I was looking at the shorties is because they bolt right up to factory.

9. MXZ1983

MXZ1983 Rockstar 100 Posts

that is the exact reason i got the shorties, they bolt up to my already new full exhaust, and i wanted these because of the price, the edelbrock and other shorties are just too much for me. these will do the job just fine. as soon as i get a decent day i will post a vid for you guys so you can see the difference.

10. redneckarmyMP

redneckarmyMP Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

looks like i asked the question everybody was wanting to ask!haha
    thanks for the info.i think headers are next on my list for upgrades.theres nothing like a great sounding truck:great: