1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

summit headers

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by redneckarmyMP, Sep 22, 2009.

Newest Gallery Photos

1. redneckarmyMP

redneckarmyMP Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

anybody have any opinions or experience on these?ive been wanting to swap my manifolds for headers.but i thought id see what everybody else thinks about them first.seems like a good price.and do you think theyd bolt right up to the crossover pipes?thanks!

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SUM-G9048/?image=large

2. sc99z71

sc99z71 Rockstar 100 Posts

I was just looking on the Summit website yesterday wondering the same thing! Would they add HP or sound to exhaust?

3. MXZ1983

MXZ1983 Rockstar 100 Posts

I actually just put these on yesterday, and yes, they add horsepower and give the truck a more throaty exhaust note, I would invest in them, those are the same ones I put on my truck, there are holes in the headers for the O2 sensors too if you are worried about that. Easy install, definately worth the money. i will post vids soon.

4. Loggerhead Mike

Loggerhead Mike Rockstar 100 Posts

thanks mx i was wondering the same too

5. sc99z71

Thanks for the info! Looks like these are going on the Christmas List!!!!

6. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

I see they have only a 90day warranty. I think I would save up for a better set, like JBA or Edelbrock shorties. If you save up more you can get long tubes for more torque and power.

7. wrightj

wrightj Member

yea boys i think im gunna have to invest in them also. I bet it would sound pretty mean?

8. sc99z71

But with the long tube header dont you basically have to get a whole new exhaust system, the reason I was looking at the shorties is because they bolt right up to factory.

9. MXZ1983

MXZ1983 Rockstar 100 Posts

that is the exact reason i got the shorties, they bolt up to my already new full exhaust, and i wanted these because of the price, the edelbrock and other shorties are just too much for me. these will do the job just fine. as soon as i get a decent day i will post a vid for you guys so you can see the difference.

10. redneckarmyMP

redneckarmyMP Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

looks like i asked the question everybody was wanting to ask!haha
    thanks for the info.i think headers are next on my list for upgrades.theres nothing like a great sounding truck:great: