1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

sunroof won't open

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by ubnvs, Jan 5, 2008.

1. ubnvs

ubnvs New Member

Hey folks,
    New to the board. Just picked up an 08 Sierra 1500 SLT. Love the truck, but having a problem with the sunroof. When I bought the truck last week, I never tried out the sunroof since it was around 10 degrees outside. Now, the weather warmed up but the sunroof won't open. When I press the switches, nothing happens. No noise from the motor or anything.
    I called the dealership, and a service manager said something about "programing the sunroof". He made it sound like it was a matter of holding down some buttons, and that it was in the manual. I couldn't find it. I have an appointment on Monday to have them look at it, but I was hoping I could figure it out before wasting my time at the dealership.
    Anyone have any ideas?
  2. ChevyTech

ChevyTech Rockstar

those sunroofs fall out of sync so easily, especially if someone has tried to open it when it was frozen closed. I am not sure if it is the same process for your truck but try these steps and see if it works:

-Close the sunroof to the current soft stop location. (not a prob since yours is already closed)

-Press and hold the sunroof switch in the close position.

-After 2 seconds the sunroof panel will bump to the hard stop.

-Continue holding the sunroof switch in the close position for 3 full seconds after the sunroof panel has hit the hard stop.

-Press and hold the sunroof switch in the open position until the sunroof panel stops in the full open position.

Sometimes the roof rails or the module could be bad as well, hopefully this will work though. Good luck.
  3. ubnvs

ubnvs New Member

Thanks for the advice. I tried it, but still nothing. I also checked the sunroof fuse in the main fuse block. Still nothing.