1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Sunroof???

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by hildy19, May 3, 2010.

Newest Gallery Photos

1. hildy19

hildy19 Rockstar 100 Posts

Anybody ever put a sunroof in? I'd like to get the kind the SS's had. I think its called a spoiler sunroof. Where can you get this done at? What's the possibilities of leaks. Any info would be great

2. ZSI52

ZSI52 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

I would check your local junk yards for one. Leaks are always possible, but if its sealed and installed properly then they shouldn't be a problem.

3. Kyles03

Kyles03 Rockstar ROTM Winner

I want a sunroof so baddd. But they cost so much to have put in.

4. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Plus then you have a chance of leaking.. I had a guy tell me i could have one out of a parts truck.. I thought a little and decided not to since i know they can leak a bit.

5. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I used to think the answer to a leak free sunroof was having a factory installed one.
    Now a days I dont think there is such a thing as a leak free sunroof.
    If you decide to get a sunroof just be prepared to deal with leaks every once in a while.
    There are some that are better than others about sealing but with age they all seam to develop leaks.

6. rustyk2

rustyk2 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

sunroofs are like T-tops, no matter what you do, leaks are inevitable.

7. hildy19

hildy19 Rockstar 100 Posts

Well it was a good idea but i don't want to deal with leaks. lol jus doesn't sound practical for me. o well