1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Super Charger Assistance Request

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by Goldie, Mar 2, 2011.

1. Goldie

Goldie Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I recently installed a super charger (wynjammer) with a reprogrammed PCM on my 07 Sierra. I'm running the 4.3L with a 5 speed M/T. When I disengage the clutch with a cold engine (i.e. downshifting approaching a stop) the engine revs up 700-800 rpm's. After the engine reaches operating temp it settles down and runs fine. I've checked for vacumn leaks and everyhting is fine. Can any one share some information on what might be happening and if there is anything I can do about it. The company suggested that I let my truck idle until it warms up.
  2. stephan

stephan Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

Just a shot in the dark here Goldie, but I think this might be a good thing & is/was (re)programed in the PCM. When manual trans fluid is cold it tends to make the syncros sluggish & you need the higher RPMs so the gears will mesh on the downshifts.