super charging

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by BBCCARGUY, Jan 17, 2009.

1. BBCCARGUY

BBCCARGUY New Member

Hi all new on the block and have some questions. First of all I have the 95 chevy tahoe 4wheel drive 350 non vortec I was wanting to know if anyone here has added a blower of some sort and what had to be done to make everything work together. My plan is to tear into the 350 make it a 383 with 8to1 comp super charge it and have someone burn me a chip, add headders better exhaust and if needed bigger throttle body etc. and what block accepts roller cams is it only the vortec or do the swirl port motors accept without retro lifters? thanks to all for any help.

2. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Anythings possible. Will you be doing this work by yourself or having a shop complete it?
    Either way I recommend you start saving your pennies now because the plans your proposing wont be cheap whether you do the work or a shop does.

3. 04sierracrewcab

04sierracrewcab Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site!

4. BBCCARGUY

BBCCARGUY New Member

I will be doing the work myself motor building and tunning exhaust everything if I could find the software and machine to burn my own chips, I would do that too. I wanted to do 400 sbc but in research (they say) that the factory fuel injection just cant feed the 400 which dont know if I really believe that yet or not holley has nice set up but trying to use what I have first to see how it goes. thanks for the reply.

And thanks to 04sierracrewcab for the welcome to the site......

5. cascott325

cascott325 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

welcome to the site, and good luck on your project. there is a company who can burn a tune for you for a special price of course, i think dwill might be the one who posted the link in another thread. also, keep us posted on your progress, pics, info, goods and bads.

6. BBCCARGUY

BBCCARGUY New Member

Thanks for the reply and the welcome and I will definately keep you posted I wont start till I have some more required info plus have 4 cars in the way before I start this one I was just trying to gather as much info as possible before I start. I'll have pics soon nothing to gawk at but still will be fun to toy with.

7. spazzoid13

spazzoid13 Rockstar

what part of iowa are you from?

8. G8GT

G8GT New Member

Best of luck to you. I want to slap a charger on my G8, or I might cam it. Not sure yet but I imagine the charger would be an easier install so I don't have to mess with the internals.

9. ppettit2005

ppettit2005 Rockstar

hey, I have one of those trucks, there's no chip controlling that motor, just the transmission is computer controlled... I think... That's what several resources have told me. Chipping the transmission can be done, but it's hard to find the parts considering that the vehicle is OBDI... supercharging and rebuilding a motor is a serious project on this vehicle, be very ready to get your hands dirty, and have things break when you are working on them. If I were you, I'd also go to aluminum heads on the motor, an electric water pump, and go nuts from there. the biggest problem with these trucks is not horsepower, but weight eating up that power.

10. 95CTburb19

95CTburb19 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

welcome to the forum!