1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Super chip help?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by alabamasilverado, Dec 14, 2009.

1. alabamasilverado

alabamasilverado New Member

i have a 2005 1500 silverado with the 5.3 v8 and i was wondering if anyone has put a superchip flashpaq or cortex in their vehicles and what did they notice...if anyone could share about experience with a superchip in the same truck i have (2005 1500 silverado with the 5.3 v8) i would apreciate it.
    Im lookin to find how much horsepower did you actually get, acceleration, fuel economy, and was it worth the $400
  2. lsutoms

lsutoms Rockstar 100 Posts

i have an 09 same motor and i was wondering the same thing.... also does "superchip" brand show up if you were to take it off your truck to bring it in to the shop? i know that bully dog is not suppose to show up... the reason i wonder is because they void your waranty....
  3. 04SilverChevy

04SilverChevy Rockstar 100 Posts

Everyone on here is gonna tell you to save your money and go with a custom tune. From either wait4meperformance or Blackbear. Gonna get alot better results by using their tunes.
  4. lsutoms

lsutoms Rockstar 100 Posts

my only problem with custom tunes is that you cant change your tune on the fly... i would like the economy tune for regular use but when hauling heavy loads i would like to have a towing or performance tune....
  5. alabamasilverado

my buddy has an 08 2500 silverado with a superchip, he told me that you can set your truck back to stock as one of the settings on the chip.

how much does a custom tuning cost?
  6. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Superchip help?

I also have a 05 Z-71. I tried Superchips and Hypertech and both didnt do anything. Tried a Diablo Preditor and after learning how to fine tune it from there website forum its great! You can adjust the normal thiongs like tire,gear etc. but you can also adjust the Long Term Fuel Trims (this really made a big differance) add timing, adjust idle, tranny shift firmnes, tranny shift quickness, tranny shift points and much more. Takes alittle time to learn how to make adjustments but its worth it. It also has a live data section so you can drive and look at what the motor is performing. Every truck is differant so its nice to be able to make your fine tuning adjustments yourself and not have to send your computer back to someone to change a tune. If you live near a shop that can dyno tune your truck than I think thats the way to go other wise try the Diablo.
  7. alabamasilverado

sounds good

for silverado trailblazer...btw i saw you black silverado. damn that a nice truck
  8. diggin riggin

diggin riggin New Member

cortex superchip

I put one in my pontiac g8 gt (6.0 liter) and used the cai specific 93 octane tune. I will say it made a HECK of a difference in power and shifting. I don't know about the 5.3 but the 6.0's get similar gains as those with a custom tune.
  9. alabamasilverado

thats funny because i was just about to buy a pontiac g8 gt 6.0 liter but at the last minute i bought my silverado instead (cheaper, had 9,000 miles on it, and i love off roading). the g8 gt is a FAST machine...sometimes i wish i went with the g8