1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Supercharger for GMC Sierra

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by nikkeshelton, Dec 23, 2012.

1. nikkeshelton

nikkeshelton New Member

Any thoughts on what brand of supercharger would be best for my 09 serria 4.8 ltr. Seems they are all about the same price wise.
  2. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 New Member 1000 Posts

I was looking at a couple of the different kits available for the 5.3 ( I know you asked about the 4.8) and the price varied depending on what you wanted in the kit. I liked the kit that Edelbrock has out for a few reasons. 1. It looked like a complete kit. No need to add anything other than your time to install. 2. The Edelbrock name. What I mean is if you have an issue you know where to go for a remedy. The have been around forever for a reason.
    This is another example of you get what you pay for.
  3. nikkeshelton

nikkeshelton New Member

Thanks, should be the same one for both engines. Will check them out, good point about name brand recognition though! How long have you had your seat covers? I just replaced the front ones after 2.5 yrs. due to the foam letting go where you get in & out. I like the covers but for the price (and the amount of wear & tear (I'm retired)) I would have thought they would have held up better! Nice truck...am wishing I would have bought another 4wd, as I go to Wash. a lot!
  4. ahmitchell1

ahmitchell1 New Member 1000 Posts

The E force is a good kit. For me I'd go with the whipple or kenne bell. I have a kenne bell on my cobra and that thing flys. Whipple sells a complete kit for our truck as well
  5. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 New Member 1000 Posts

Thank you. I have had my seat covers for about 1.5 years. My are falling apart as you described. I took them off for now.