1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

supercharger

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by crazyhorse, Jul 17, 2009.

1. crazyhorse

crazyhorse New Member

gotta a magnacharger on my little ole 4.8,WOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:great:
  2. ct9a

ct9a New Member 1000 Posts

You'll have to post some pics and give us a more in depth description of before and after. Congrats!
  3. vncj96

vncj96 New Member 1000 Posts

TRUCKS did this a few years ago, they bolted one on a 4.8 reg cab shortbox 2wd and they even said they couldnt believe that without any other upgrades other then CAI and exhaust how much it put out, and that they had a hard time believing that it was actually a 4.8, they also claimed the economy was to stay the same.
  4. Crakums_GT

Crakums_GT New Member

If only I had the money. I can't wait to start doing more to my truck. Gotta get this 52 running first though.

-Greg
  5. crazyhorse

crazyhorse New Member

yeah it was a long time coming.so far it's startin to settle in with the tune. had a small set back throttle bodie was sucking air swapped that out and now anticipating no problems with the new tune.the difference is astounding from what it was.gotta keep telling myself to becareful don't wanna break nothing.it has'nt been dyno'ed but it"s pushing over 400 hp and a little over 400 lbs of tq.its a beast,with good fuel mileage. WOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  6. cascott325

cascott325 New Member 1000 Posts

7. JennaBear

JennaBear New Member

Glad you are enjoying it Jim!
  8. Maggies are always a fun mod. Nothing like the sound of a whining supercharger.
  9. crazyhorse

crazyhorse New Member

oh yeah,big ole grin from ear to ear ! with the folks i dealt with and the people that were involved with the purchase and install,the best in the business. can't thank them enough !:sign0173::biggrin:
  10. bry2500

bry2500 New Member 1000 Posts

I would love one but they don't make it for the 8.1L. Only a paxton Novi 1200 is available for me. They say Ken Belle has one but the web site has no info on it. I'm so jealous.