1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Supercharger?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trailblazer Forum (GMC Envoy)' started by rooshie31, May 23, 2005.

1. rooshie31

rooshie31 New Member

I have seen in an auto mag long ago a trailblazer that was supercharged. I am curious if there is a bolt on supercharger available, I have a 03' Trailblazer LS.
  2. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

I'm not aware of one. It's a brand new engine starting in 2002, but there could have been some development for bolt-on mods after the fact. I would be interested in seeing if any existed.
  3. Aeropagus

Aeropagus Member Platinum Contributor

There is going to be a hotter version of the TB. Maybe that was it?
  4. ScarabEpic22

ScarabEpic22 New Member

Whipple used to make a supercharger kit for the 4.2L I6, but I am pretty sure it was discontinued due to lack of sales and interest.

The hotter version is the TrailBlazer SS. It is available in 2WD or AWD (yes, AWD, not 4WD) with a variant of the LS2 Corvette engine. V8, 6.0L, = ~12mpg.
  5. Aeropagus

Aeropagus Member Platinum Contributor

I wasn't aware that anyone had developed a supercharger for the engine. They should stick with it becuase this is a solid engine and will be around for a long time.

There are still enough people who want to boost engine performance and are willing to put a supercharger on to do it.
  6. ScarabEpic22

ScarabEpic22 New Member

I have heard that the reason it was never mass marketed is because there wasnt enough interest in it when it was announced. If you go back and look, there is one for the Colorado already, and it came out in 04? I think.