Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Supercharger

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by tsansone22, Feb 18, 2010.

1. tsansone22

tsansone22 New Member

I need help finding a rebuilt supercharger for my 2001 Silverado 1500 that has a 5.3L Vortec.
    Please help me out and don't suggest a Nitrous system.
  2. lalo56

lalo56 Rockstar 100 Posts

You should get a nitrous system...
  3. detailjohn

detailjohn Rockstar 100 Posts

Try Black Bear Performance....:great:
  4. TYMBOM

TYMBOM Former Member

Search your local performance shops. Ebay is your other choice. I'd rather deal in person but ebay seems to be king. Also, you could check some of the performance forums.
  5. JennaBear

JennaBear Rockstar 100 Posts

If you are looking for a used system, I would go check out a few performance forum classifieds (performancetrucks.net, ****************). I just sold our two Magnacharger Radix systems, but they were snagged up fast!

That being said, we are very happy with Magnachargers and will be putting TVSs on our vehicles now. Magnacharger makes complete kits with an intercooler (very important:rules:). We are also Authorized Magnacharger sellers, so if you are looking for a new kit, feel free to hit me up for a price on a system.:great:
  6. TYMBOM

TYMBOM Former Member

Depending on what your end goal is would depend on which supercharger style would be best. Both common used have their benifits.
  7. JennaBear

Are you talking about centrifugal vs roots?
  8. TYMBOM

TYMBOM Former Member

Yeah. I'm trying to be very political and not start a typical pt.net thread where everyone bashes the other types, lol.
  9. JennaBear

Got it :great:

With either type, I would still recommend an intercooler! :rules:
  10. TYMBOM

TYMBOM Former Member

I could not agree more!!!!!!! That's how I nuked my last engine, the intercooler was too small an my AIT shot through the roof. A nice water-air on my 408 now :)
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2010