1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Supercharger....

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by Chad513, Apr 11, 2011.

1. Chad513

Chad513 New Member

My truck has 110,000 miles on it and my money pit, my dad lol, thinks that it would be stupid to put a supercharger on with that many miles. Is he right? he says its like rebuilding an engine and only doing the valves and not doing the rings. I dont get it, my dad is retarded. But he is the money pit, so i need to prove him wrong, can someone help me prove him wrong please lol.

-Chad
  2. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer New Member 1000 Posts

I agree with your Dad.
  3. dsfloyd

dsfloyd New Member 1000 Posts

x2 especially since he's the bank
  4. Chad513

Chad513 New Member

You guys arent helpin out very much. lol Why would it be dumb to do that? like if it is bad for it now then wouldnt it be bad for it when the engine is new? like either way more miles are gonna be on it eventually.
  5. silveradotrailblazer

Your engine has 100,000 plus miles, its worn and you would be stressing the internal parts and most likely will get some blow-by with the worn piston rings. Even throwing in a cam with 100,000 miles is a little risky.
  6. Chad513

Chad513 New Member

What if I rebuilt the engine and threw on the supercharger in the process?
  7. silveradotrailblazer

Yep, thats the way to go. Then you can have your engine builder build it for a supercharger.
  8. donl

donl New Member

When you get old enough to be weaned you'll realize your dad was right.
  9. tbplus10

tbplus10 Super Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

Higher compression on a worn engine is a sure recipe for dissaster.
    Rebuild the engine then put the Supercharger on.
  10. clgoch187

clgoch187 New Member

why not just get a used motor form a scrap yard, around here 5.3 are going for 350 and 4.8s for are about 300, add your supercharger and you should always have a spare engine to rebuild while running the other