1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Superchips 2714 Anyone?

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by c_m_chance, Jul 8, 2009.

Random Gallery Photos

1. c_m_chance

c_m_chance New Member 100 Posts

I just bought a 2004 Silverado 2500 and was wanting to get a programmer for it. I was planning on going with a Diablo, however, I have come across a Superchips 2714 Max micro tuner for 25 bucks. This sounds like an amazing deal to me. But I don't know anything about the 2714. Superchips doesn't list it on their website anymore, and I have done a search on hear and it returns nothing to me. So, has anyone tried this programmer and can you say anything about it? Thanks.
  2. heavy chevy

heavy chevy New Member 100 Posts

junk i would not give a penny for it. or put it in a yard sale. Get a real tuner go with wait4me or blackbear or wheatly
  3. c_m_chance

I have seen all of you comment on custom tunes and it all sounds great. But I am wanting to learn a bit about tuning different parameters and stuff on my own. Never really done that sort of thing. So I'm definitely wanting a hand held tuner. I'm not looking for huge gains really, just something to go with a CAI and exhaust that I get later on. But I do appreciate your 2 cents on that 2714. I just figured as great of a deal as it was it might be worth getting. But I think I'll just stick with my original plans and go with the Diablo.
  4. heavy chevy

heavy chevy New Member 100 Posts

you asked about the superchips not the diablo. The diablo is able to be customized it will be ok for you. It still is not the same as custom hand held. My tuner is fully adjustable also it just has custom tunes built for my truck. I can adjust them when i need to.
  5. c_m_chance

Oh ya. Let me clarify. I have been looking at buying th diablo, however, I came across the 2714 for real cheap. 25 bucks cheap. And I was just wondering if it was even worth spending the money on. However, with your response of it not being worth a penny was all I needed to hear to convince me to stay with the diablo that I was already planning on getting lol.
  6. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Superchips 2714 anyone

Dont waste even $25.00 on Superchips. If you dont get a custom tune, than get the Diablo and have fun playing with it. The Diablo website doesnt show everything you do with the programmer. I like programmers because you dont have to send your ECM back if you want to make a change. Once you fine tune your truck with the Diablo weather you use the 87 or 93 octane tune I dont the average truck owner can tell the differance between the custom tune and the Diablo programmer.
  7. budfreak

budfreak New Member

Wow, what a bunch of superchips haters. I just don't understand it as I am pleased with my programmer. I have the 2715 model for my 97 and it gives me 20-22 MPG in 87 octane mode and gives me great power for towing when I use the performance tow mode and premium. I paid $120 for it when they first were discontinued for a new model and I don't regret it a bit as it has paid for itself already in gas savings.
    BUT.... If i could afford to do the custom tune or buy a diablo, I would.
  8. 2ToNe04

2ToNe04 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

blackbearperformance, is a custom tune and is one of our vendors and they do mail in tunes. You might want to check that out.
  9. c_m_chance

I actually just bought a Diablo Predator for $150 today. (I thought it was a pretty good deal.) I should have it by Monday to test it out.