1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

superchips cortex programer

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by heavy chevy, Feb 21, 2009.

1. heavy chevy

heavy chevy Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

I have been told that I can custom tune my programer to make more power than the superchips settings do. Is this true or is the superchips setting the best setting. If I am able to custom tune these settings could someone give me a custom tune paramiters settings. Shift points and shift pressures. I would appreciatie everything. Also im in east texas and i was wondering if any one knew anyone that would do a custome tune.
  2. BillBoost37

BillBoost37 New Member

I have HP Tuners and know there's tons of tuning availble. Never heard of Cortex though. Got a link?
  3. black jack

black jack Rockstar 100 Posts

cortex is new from super chips. if you wait super chips is going to come out with a newer cortex that you can program several vehicals instead of just one kinda like hp tuners. which in my personally is the best way to go.
  4. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I have never had a Superchips tuner before, so this probably won't help you at all but here goes nothing. On a lot of the aftermarket programmers they are pre-installed with "SAFE" parameters of tuning, some may have a program running with 87 octane or even 92 octane for more performance. These are general programs for easy install, but if you choose you can adjust most of the parameters yourself for more performance. I don't know if I would take somebody's setting advice and put it on your truck, mainly because everybody drives differently. For example my truck is set to run on Premium fuel, with my shift points adjusted to a 5.13 gear and 35" tires. So if I wouldn't have told you that and you wouldn't have asked me, then those settings would be totally messed up for your truck. To me it is a game of trial and error, you will miss the first couple of times but eventually you will find settings that suit your driving habits. Good luck with that..........AMY:fighting0034:
  5. heavy chevy

Thanks Amy I really apreciate what you said. My truck has never ran anything less than 93 octain. I guess for now i will stick with the superchips tune that is installed.
  6. heavy chevy

The cortex that I have is the new one that will tune all gm vehicles.
  7. goodie

goodie Rockstar

I vote we mail it around so everybody on the forum can tune their trucks :party:

It will be the forum programmer.
  8. heavy chevy

superchips fixed that. You have to take it off of one vehicle to put it on the other. You know if you wana drive the Z28 for the weekend you can put it on that. Then on monday you can put it back on the truck.
  9. goodie

goodie Rockstar

Ah that sucks...so how do you like it? Anything you don't like about it?
  10. Marcus

Marcus Rockstar

I was leaning towards a superchip or a hypertech but after reading and doing some research im just going to order a new computer tuned with EFI Live from Jesse and wait4me performance that way I can have one built to the way i want it. Great customer service as well.