1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Superchips FlashPaq Programmer

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by 2ToNe04, Sep 18, 2009.

1. 2ToNe04

2ToNe04 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Recently, i was one of the winners of the summer mega contest, Thanks to Steve and The guy from superchips.

I have always been a custom tune guy, i believe there is getting more power with a pcm tune or dyno tune for less money than the superchips.

I was looking at it when i got it, so i was like, what the hell. I put it on the Mileage setting and removed the limiters. It really woke it up for just being on the mileage tune.

I commute a 100 mile round trip to school, through hills and flat roads. I set it on cruise control and i was surprised there was a small gain but, sufficient. from the other times i cruise control 55mph to school. i noticed an increase in MPG, i dont want to give an exact number because of the hilly conditions. I would say 1-3 mpg's.

Also something i loved about it, As some of you know i installed a denali cluster, and it wasnt really calibrated, since the cluster belonged maybe to a truck with higher gear ratio or lower and maybe tuned to bigger wheel size.

There is a feature that allows you to tune for wheel size and yours gears. In my case. it was 29.5 on the wheels and 3.73 on the gears. and i have to say my speedometer is dead on.

It also works as a code reader for other cars, no more going to the dealer ship to scan those codes or going to autozone.

i have not tried the performance tune because i really need the gas and i dont want to pay for the higher octane gas, since gas is back at 3.10 here in california.

In conclusion, its what you would want to use it for. For the money you can get alot of hp out of a custom tune.

-or-

you can buy a superchips and have yourself a code reader, calibrator for wheels and gears, and something simple that will not kill your engine or tranny with its tunes but, will give you some power.

Thanks alot Steve for this great prize, and thanks to superchips.
  2. heavy chevy

heavy chevy Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

glad you like it but my custom tune does the same thing and has the same options
  3. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

I knew you were skeptical so it sounds like it was a good deal overall. :great:
  4. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Concrats on your win. As long as your happy with the flashpaq thats all that matters.:great:
  5. 2ToNe04

2ToNe04 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Yeah, thanks again steve.... we tried it out on my dads truck which is fully stock..... Lol all im going to tell you is that he loved lol.
  6. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Congrats on going over 1000 posts too!