GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Superchips Turner or Hypertech Programmer III

Discussion in 'Chevy Tahoe Forum (GMC Yukon, Cadillac Escalade)' started by peterK, Apr 7, 2005.

1. peterK

peterK New Member

2. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member

I have heard good things about both of those chips. From what I gather, expect more horsepower, but a shorter engine life.
  3. ARNIE

ARNIE New Member

Chips installed on gas engines make very little noticeable difference . Diesels are a whole nother' story though. Difference between day and night.
  4. ChevyFan

I guess it was a turbo diesel that I have heard good things from. Arnie, if you have some knowledge or facts in this area I'd love to hear them.
  5. ARNIE

ARNIE New Member

Sure, more than glad to help. These 2 he listed above only provide 20 HP for the 5.7L and 18 HP for the 4.3L. The same 2 provide 100 HP for the Duramax diesel. There is another company that actually makes one for the Duramax that increases HP by 150.
  6. ChevyFan

Really, who's that?

yeah, getting an extra 18 HP isn't even 10%.
  7. ARNIE

ARNIE New Member

I cannot remember the name, and a friend of mine orders at least one a week for the dealership he works for. I'm getting old. LOL

By the way, is the picture of the baby on your post's a picture of you or your child?
  8. ChevyFan

That my 6 month old boy. I put him in there in lieu of having a small enough pic of my vehicle. I probably could get that done in 5 minutes if I had the time...but then I don't have the time, I've got a 6 month old and a full-time job.
  9. ARNIE

ARNIE New Member

He is really cute. I can remember when my 2 boys were that age, (now 19 and 17) it was some of the most fun days of my life!
  10. ChevyFan

Yeah, he's a handsome little devil alright. Has to fight off other litlte 6-month old girls with a stick....er maybe a rattle. :)
  11. ppettit2005

ppettit2005 New Member

I'm actually looking for an ECU tuner for my 1995 Two door Tahoe, but I'm having trouble finding one for an engine with a design that old. The problem is that it's a throttle body fuel injected 5.7 liter V8 and most companies only make an ECU tuner for the 1996 Vortech 5.7 liter V8. I'm just trying to squeeze a little bit better gas mileage out of my engine and I'm also trying to shorten the automatic transmissions shift times. I was wondering if any one had any suggestions as to where I could find one? And is the Jet power programmer any good?