1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Superchips Turner or Hypertech Programmer III

Discussion in 'Chevy Tahoe Forum (GMC Yukon, Cadillac Escalade)' started by peterK, Apr 7, 2005.

1. peterK

peterK New Member

2. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

I have heard good things about both of those chips. From what I gather, expect more horsepower, but a shorter engine life.
  3. ARNIE

ARNIE Rockstar

Chips installed on gas engines make very little noticeable difference . Diesels are a whole nother' story though. Difference between day and night.
  4. ChevyFan

I guess it was a turbo diesel that I have heard good things from. Arnie, if you have some knowledge or facts in this area I'd love to hear them.
  5. ARNIE

ARNIE Rockstar

Sure, more than glad to help. These 2 he listed above only provide 20 HP for the 5.7L and 18 HP for the 4.3L. The same 2 provide 100 HP for the Duramax diesel. There is another company that actually makes one for the Duramax that increases HP by 150.
  6. ChevyFan

Really, who's that?

yeah, getting an extra 18 HP isn't even 10%.
  7. ARNIE

ARNIE Rockstar

I cannot remember the name, and a friend of mine orders at least one a week for the dealership he works for. I'm getting old. LOL

By the way, is the picture of the baby on your post's a picture of you or your child?
  8. ChevyFan

That my 6 month old boy. I put him in there in lieu of having a small enough pic of my vehicle. I probably could get that done in 5 minutes if I had the time...but then I don't have the time, I've got a 6 month old and a full-time job.
  9. ARNIE

ARNIE Rockstar

He is really cute. I can remember when my 2 boys were that age, (now 19 and 17) it was some of the most fun days of my life!
  10. ChevyFan

Yeah, he's a handsome little devil alright. Has to fight off other litlte 6-month old girls with a stick....er maybe a rattle. :)