1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Superguard Hood Shields...

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by ramu3527, Jul 19, 2012.

Random Gallery Photos

1. ramu3527

ramu3527 Member

So, EGRUSA heard about the hood of my truck getting keyed and immediately offered to ship me out a EGR Superguard hood shield to try and hide the damage.

It's a great looking deflector. It fits the truck well and was easy to install. It does however sit a bit too far from the hood (about an inch and a half) to hide the scratches so it doesn't really work too well for my needs.

That being said, it's still on my truck and starting to grow on me...

I have also found there are MUCH less bugs on my windshield after a trip up north. It definitely makes a big difference in that regard.

All in all...a great product...
  2. Jaele

Jaele Member 100 Posts

That's awesome that they sent you one. Do you have any pictures?
  3. ramu3527

ramu3527 Member

Yeah, I do. I'm sitting at jury duty right now, I'll hook up some pics ASAP...
  4. EGRUSA

EGRUSA New Member 100 Posts

Thanks for the review, nice to see the product is growing on you.
    Ive actually brought up your comments to our engineers and they are reviewing the possibility of creating a more "aerodynamic'' style hood sheild.
  5. ramu3527

ramu3527 Member

Pics of the EGR Superguard

Here are those pics....

Attached Files:

6. ramu3527

ramu3527 Member

Great! you guys put that thing an inch closer to the hood and it'll look awesome.

My concern at that point is how much will it change the effectiveness of the deflector functionality...
  7. LOVINTHESTORM

LOVINTHESTORM New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

You know that bug shield looks way better than I imagined it would. And from the pics it doesn't appear to stick out to far.
  8. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Looks good to me, too -- distance and all. It's about the same as mine...
  9. ramu3527

ramu3527 Member

It does look good. Thats not the issue at all.

The whole reason for the deflector is the key marks on the front of my hood. It doesn't cover them totally because of the distance it sits from the hood...

Other than that it's a sweet deflector...
  10. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator 1000 Posts 100 Posts

It looks fine remember it's that far so (A) You can wash that part of the hood (B) Leifs and stuff don't get stuck inbetween and scrach the paint