Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Superliner Vs Line-X

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by Streaker, Nov 2, 2007.

1. Streaker

Streaker New Member

I am going to get the bed lined with something and will most likely go with Superliner.
    I have had Rhino Lining in my S-10 for 10 years now and while it has done a GREAT job it is not in the same league with Superliner or Line-X due to the fact that it is a rubberized coating.
    Superliner and Line-X is a hard coating and that is what I want on my 07 Silverado. The reason I am thinking of going with Superliner is that a friend of mine has it and he USES his truck. Everything from Dirt to Deer guts and he's had it for almost 2 years and it's still shiney new. Not a bit of fading at all. Every bit as good as Line-X but I will say that it's not as thick as Line-X.
    I'm welcome to all opinions as this is why I posted this
  2. no0b123

no0b123 Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

I hear they both work well, but Line-X is more common. My dad has Line-X, and I have used it, and it worked great for us.

By the way, when you said that Rhino wasn't in the same league as Line-X, what did you mean by that? Is Line-X better?
  3. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

I've only had one truck with a spray-in bedliner. That was Line-x and I never had much problem with it. It's supposed to have a lifetime guarantee too. I got a chip out of it, but I took care of it with a black magic marker and you couldn't tell beyond 3 feet. :lol:
  4. finalday7

finalday7 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

If you like the thickness of the line-x but are leaning toward the superliner can't you ask them to spray it alittle thicker. I'm sure they would, for the right price. :glasses:
  5. dwill3015

dwill3015 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

My second truck with Line-X. Very happy with it!
  6. jvmorgan

jvmorgan New Member

I am getting my bed Line-X this weekend and multiple of my buddies have it done to their trucks, Jeeps and much more they have had nothing but positive things to say about the warranty and the quality of work that is done. That is why I am going with Line-X and the price is right...$450 tax included sounds like a pretty good deal to me.
  7. Streaker

Streaker New Member

What I meant by they aren't the same is that Line-X is a hard liner and Rhino is a soft rubbery liner. Just that they are two seperate things not that one is better than the other but that they each have a purpose.

Thanx for all the responses. I'll probably end up with Line-X but I did want to get the same color as the truck but not if it's gonna fade to baby blue later. Man that would really SUCK:gasp:
  8. finalday7

finalday7 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

There's nothing more manly than baby blue..:no:
  9. Streaker

Streaker New Member

Actually this ones pretty HOT!!!

[​IMG]
  10. unplugged

unplugged Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I have the Line-x in my Silverado. Next time I'm going with the Line-x color match. Here's a nice blue:
    [​IMG]