1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

surefire way of getting paint off sidewalk

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by 89suburban350, Jun 26, 2007.

1. 89suburban350

89suburban350 New Member

ok i need a good way of getting paint off a sidewalk... already tried paintstripper and bleach and i do not have a pressure washer...
  2. Cableguy

Cableguy New Member 1000 Posts

What kind of paint? Utilties locate paint?
  3. 89suburban350

89suburban350 New Member

4. ProzacKid

ProzacKid New Member

You can do an acid wash and do the entire section of concrete. Should get up whatever is there from oil, grease, paint, whatever. But it will change the color so you have to do a whole section.
  5. Cableguy

A mild acid solution should work. Good call Chevylover. Plus you may want to borrow/rent a pressure washer. I bought one about 3 years ago (Electric 16 psi) for about $200 I would never be without one now.
  6. collinsperformance

collinsperformance New Member

they sell critic acid (from oranges) it will do like the pool acid and sometimes is cheaper. look in the local paper and you can find pressure washers for cheap. mine was never even started and in the box for $120
    [​IMG]
    add the turbo tip and it will clean almost anything....mike
  7. Cableguy

Wow! What a deal. I need to go yard saleing with you. LOL
  8. Bonzai01

Bonzai01 New Member

I just got a pressure washer this year...don't know how I made it without one now, that thing cut three days off the annual pool clean-up/paint chore and I've used it for all kinds of jobs around here. Even the wife said it was a good purchase (like THAT'S happened a lot in twenty four years...) Kerry.