1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

suspension help?

Discussion in 'Chevy C/K Truck Forum' started by sicandtwisted, Jul 31, 2012.

1. sicandtwisted

sicandtwisted New Member

ok guys just bought this truck like 3 weeks ago its a 93 k1500. for some reason the driver side front seems to be sitting lower then the rest of the truck at first i thought maybe the torsion bar mounts where bad as i have delt with the same problem on 3 s10 blazers i have had. but they all seem to be good and the bar is good. i know all 4 shocks are bad but that wouldn't cause the front to drop by an inch on 1 side would it? any sugestions would be nice i would like to get this fixed so i can get the new tires for it but right now they wont fit.
  2. Boonduff

Boonduff Member 3 Years 100 Posts

I'd check the a-arms to make sure nothings bent and that the bushings are good. If they look ok, just adjust the torsion bar to level the truck. Then get an alignment.
  3. sicandtwisted

sicandtwisted New Member

yeah every thing looks good and it sat level till the shocks went out but ive never seen bad shocks cause this before. is there any way to adjust the torsion bar without buying a set of torsion keys? and is it possible the torsion bar loosened on its own?
  4. rileyjr16

rileyjr16 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

Could be the shocks.

Is the frame itself sitting unlevel OR is it just the body?
  5. sicandtwisted

sicandtwisted New Member

looks to be just the body now that i took the time to look at it close and just the front driver side i know the core support is rotted wonder if it finally broke and now its sagging
  6. rileyjr16

rileyjr16 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

Could be your problem right there
  7. sicandtwisted

sicandtwisted New Member

hope so if no im out of ideas