1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

suspension lift

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by fala21, Feb 22, 2011.

Random Gallery Photos

1. fala21

fala21 New Member

Well i figured i would bit the bullet and look for a basic 6 inch suspension lift. I have a 99 Silverado 1500 4WD 5.3L with a 3 inch body lift. I cant afford to buy the lift all at the same time so i will have to buy it one part at a time. I need you guys to tell me exactly what i need for the suspension lift and the best place to get parts. If you guys could throw me some info i would greatly appreciate it! thanks!
  2. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Suspension lift manufactures and retailers will NOT sell one piece at a time. Its hard to get them to sell a part to replace a damaged piece. When we had to buy just a replacement part it was like pulling teeth. Also it will cost you at least twice as much buying one part at a time.
  3. jwco5.3

jwco5.3 New Member 100 Posts

X2...................................
  4. brownboyz71

brownboyz71 New Member

I would strongly recommend saving up and buying the entire lift as a package. You'll end up saving a ton of cash. Also, refrain from buying used lift components. I know some people will strongly disagree with me, but I have never had luck buying second hand lift components other than parts that aren't wear items. Another option is to become really good friends with a quality fabricator. Piecing together a truly custom lift can be a lot of fun, but you can quickly find yourself in a lot of trouble if you don't have someone with experience helping you along the way. Good luck with the lift man. Remember to post pics when you make a decision.
  5. racekid91

racekid91 New Member 100 Posts

You have to buy the lift kit it's self. You can't really just buy a part at a time. Some companys (BDS for example) will sell you a few things if they break (End links and such) but they will not sell you part by part.

Save up your money if your content with getting a lift kit. Or find a lift from someone that either took their's out, or went SFA. Or better yet, go SFA yourself. You could then go part by part.
  6. IPFK83

IPFK83 New Member 100 Posts

I would just save the money and buy a lift kit instead of trying to piece one together.
  7. J_chevyman

J_chevyman New Member

If i were you i would save and get one new, I got lucky on mine and got it used off a guy that was moving out of the country and was selling it for $300. He only had it for like 5 months, i got new ball joints and upgraded shocks, check craigslist... just make sure u see theres no cracks on any parts and replace the parts that get worn out the most like shocks and any kind of ball joints
  8. Rockstarrchevy81

Rockstarrchevy81 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I agree save up the cash ha.