1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Suspension Opinions.

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by Camaro69car, Oct 22, 2013.

1. Camaro69car

Camaro69car Member 1 Year 100 Posts

I drive a 2012 Chevy Captiva V6 FWD (wish it was AWD) and I'm considering modifying the suspension to it. I think it would look good both lifted on 35's, (but in a FWD SUV? that might be strange to see) or about 2-3 inches lower (kinda gives it that station wagon look). What would y'all do.

P.S. I already have the CB antenna on it, and that's staying.
  2. poncho62

poncho62 Member 1 Year 100 Posts

None of the above....If you want a real truck, trade it in on one.......
  3. Camaro69car

Any REAL opinions on this? I bought an SUV for a reason... to be different.
  4. dsfloyd

dsfloyd Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

well I did a quick search and didnt see any lifts for the captiva (doesnt mean it cant be done). My guess is it would be custom, with other than factory suspension. Hell I would get a kick out of seeing one lifted, but I am biased.
  5. Camaro69car

indeed you are. I think it would look sleek yet rugged with a lift, It would be a simple lift though, but custom. Yet I'm thinking lowered would do it some good in the MPG department.
  6. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Yep I couldnt find any lifts either.
    Where theres a will theres a way though.
    Get that SUV on a lift and start looking at the suspension.
  7. Camaro69car

jackstands are working fine.