1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

suspension problem

Discussion in 'Chevy Trailblazer Forum (GMC Envoy)' started by matt, Jan 8, 2006.

Random Gallery Photos

1. matt

matt New Member

Hi all; just purchased a 04 Envoy SLT
    I want to pass on some info concerning a clunking noise from front of
    vehicle......It is from sway bar links,cannot be lubed,bad design,had mine
    replaced under warranty.better Links by MOOG and they can be lubed. :roll: I love the SUV ,Had a 97 Blazer before ,What a piece of
    junk,tooooooo many problems.
    One more thing "Service 4 Wheel Drive" light came on and a wheel
    actuator had to be replaced.......cheap fix :wink: Looking forward to
    others with the GM Triplets. :)
  2. matt

matt New Member

thanks
  3. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

How many miles on your TB matt?
  4. gwoods

gwoods New Member

I have and 04 TB ext. and have had an awful clunking, knocking noise in the front end. I had the sway bar replaced under warranty, but the problem never improved. Took to dealer 5 times and was told there was nothing else they could do.
    Any suggestions?
  5. ChevyFan

how many dealers have you taken it to? There should be no "awful clunking sound" from your TB at all. How long left on the extended warranty?
  6. gwoods

gwoods New Member

suspension

I have only taken it to 1 dealership. It was the one I bought it from. My manf. warranty is up, but I have an extended warranty until 90,000 miles. I currently have 50,000 miles. I am not sure why they can't find the problem.
  7. Aeropagus

Aeropagus Member Platinum Contributor 100 Posts

Who's the extended warranty through? Is it a manf. extended warranty? or is it an aftermarket service contract?

It's like a doctor, get a second opinion if one can't find the problem ... go somewhere else and see.
  8. gwoods

gwoods New Member

It's not an extended manf. warranty, it is through a different company. My paperwork states that all services are covered with exception of hoses, belts, etc. I live in a small city, so we only have 1 Chevy dealer and it is the one that can't find the problem. Is another dealer (like ford or honda) safe to take it to?
  9. ChevyFan

Yet another reason why people are moving to urban areas. More than one GM dealership. You might want to try that dealer again, sometimes the speaky wheel gets the greese.

If it's that type of extended "warranty", chances are it's a service contract. You get the work done, and they will pay whoever fixes it X amount of $USD for their parts and labor.

It wouldn't hurt to take it to a place that just does front ends. Pay for an initial inspection, if they find the problem, they'll roll that cost into the cost of the repairs and you'll only be out your deductible.
  10. cromwell32

cromwell32 New Member

I have a 2002 Envoy SLT (the first year model) and shortly after the warranty expired
    became aware of dull clunking sounds from the front end, also the car wandered all over, had to steer it all the time. Took it to Monroe for a quick check and they showed me a 1/2" movement in the right front wheel and replaced the tie bar. Still clunked although the wandering seemed to be improved. Took it to the GM guys and they replaced the left tie bar which got rid of 90% of the clunking and eliminated the wandering. Steers OK now. I think this is an intrinsic problem with the car and should have been covered even tho the warranty had expired.