1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

suspension

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by tvmandave, Aug 6, 2009.

1. tvmandave

tvmandave New Member

I have an 08 Z71 silverado. Experiencing a choppiness or bouncy effect going down the road or even braking over small bumps . Rotors have been turned and dont notice it braking over smooth road. Yes its a truck and I realize Z71 is stiffer but surely something can help. The dealer says the shocks are the softer ones and they have put bigger chassis mounts on which helped after hitting bumps but still this truck can ride smoother. Are the springs too stiff? Do I need diff shocks? Any advice is appreciated!
  2. lerbud

lerbud New Member

check your tire pressure. i bet its too high.
  3. tvmandave

tvmandave New Member

pressure starts off bout 34 in the am and goes to bout 38 in the pm.Dealer did a spin test in which the tires failed so they have put new ones on and I got the same thing
  4. azdrtdog

azdrtdog New Member

check you down travel. torsions might be a little tight ONE FAT THUMB between arm and drop stops at least shocks make ya sea sick when bad and loose tierods/balljoints click/clack
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2009