Suspension???

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by stevefiala, Aug 8, 2009.

1. stevefiala

stevefiala New Member

I want to run 35's on my '02 Silverado. Is there a chart for selecting the proper kit for the best clearance and ride. I am guessing it would be 6" suspension lift from what I have found, but I just want to get some other opinions.

Thanks

2. canislupis69

canislupis69 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

To run 35's you will need a 6 inch lift and will need to pay close attention to the proper backspacing/offset. What size rims are you looking to run?

3. ippielb

ippielb Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I own a 2002 silverado also, i'm running 33" tires on stock height, with tightened torsion bars, but not all the way, only around half way tightened. I'm going to get a 6 inch lift, when the Exchange rate from CND to USD gets better. Just to be safe, i really don't want any rubbing ever, so that's why I'm going a 6 inch lift.

4. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

I run 6inch on my 05 Z-71 crewcab with 35s. Rancho, Skyjacker and BDS have well made and engineered kits, never had any issues when we installed them. There a few hundred bucks more than others but worth it. Check out the new BDS kit. It doesnt lower the Torsen bars and has a arched lower subframe for more ground clearance.