1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Suspension???

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by stevefiala, Aug 8, 2009.

1. stevefiala

stevefiala New Member

I want to run 35's on my '02 Silverado. Is there a chart for selecting the proper kit for the best clearance and ride. I am guessing it would be 6" suspension lift from what I have found, but I just want to get some other opinions.

Thanks
  2. canislupis69

canislupis69 New Member 1000 Posts

To run 35's you will need a 6 inch lift and will need to pay close attention to the proper backspacing/offset. What size rims are you looking to run?
  3. ippielb

ippielb Active Member 1000 Posts

I own a 2002 silverado also, i'm running 33" tires on stock height, with tightened torsion bars, but not all the way, only around half way tightened. I'm going to get a 6 inch lift, when the Exchange rate from CND to USD gets better. Just to be safe, i really don't want any rubbing ever, so that's why I'm going a 6 inch lift.
  4. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer New Member 1000 Posts

I run 6inch on my 05 Z-71 crewcab with 35s. Rancho, Skyjacker and BDS have well made and engineered kits, never had any issues when we installed them. There a few hundred bucks more than others but worth it. Check out the new BDS kit. It doesnt lower the Torsen bars and has a arched lower subframe for more ground clearance.