Susquehanna River basin Members?

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by Caddiac, Sep 8, 2011.

1. Caddiac

Caddiac Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

I was listening to the news on the radio this afternoon and it sounds like Binghamton NY and other communities are getting serous flooding. Pray our members up there are high and dry.

2. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Thanks Caddiac, I have a aunt that lives in Binghamton,NY. I'll have to give here a call.

---------- Post added at 06:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:30 PM ----------

Well my aunts fine but said its flooded pretty bad. She's upset because she won't be able to walk to church Sunday. She's 92 years old and walks a mile each way to church every Sunday. Hope I make it to 92!

3. Caddiac

92?! I taking the baby steps approach. I just want to live longer than my Dad; he only made it to 60! Glad she is okay.

4. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

My brother in law lives right by the river in Kingston Pa. He is under a mandatory evac. He packed his kids clothes grabbed his big screen tv loaded up his Silverado and headed out of town. Mother in law lives in Wilkes Barre but her house is on a hill so she should be ok.

5. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Close to us but far enough away that we don't have to worry, Harrisburg is about 45min up I 81.

6. Caddiac

Hunker down. From what I am hearing it will top the levies in Binghamton and they revised the expected peak by 8 Feet!