Swapping a cummins into my truck

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by 2wheelmudder, Apr 19, 2012.

1. 2wheelmudder

2wheelmudder Rockstar 100 Posts

Well after 2 years of planning i bought a 95 12 valve cummins engine, nv4500 5sp and np241 transfercase, ill be doing this swap into my 2000 2500 silverado this summer, ill try to do a detailed forum posts on this site and 4btswaps.com and if any of you want a 6.0lv8 with gm4l80e and np246 ill be selling them once i pull the setup, so ill be keeping you updated as i go along, i plan on going for the rotm after the swap

2. MTM

MTM Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

Cant wait to see this conversion done. I was really thinking about doing this swap myself but that motor is just so heavy and really didn't want to do all the frame work.So i went with the 6.5 it's being built by a local diesel shop and we did a dyno a few weeks ago and it laid down 445hp so I'm pretty happy with those numbers so far. Got a built 4l80E trans and then after installed it's getting a straight axle and going on 37's
    By far a much better conversion and have a very good baseline and can do a lot more with power. And you'll have that amazing sound of that 12 valve. Awesome can't wait to see this done.

3. 2wheelmudder

i plan on solid axling the truck afterwards as well, i got the p-pump engine ans its easiest to turn up and seems to get the best mileage

4. MTM

5. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Check this out.. Saw it at Carlisle Last year.. 141.jpg 142.jpg

6. 2wheelmudder

yes i have seen his thread, i have done so much research this week, i think i have only 10 hours of sleep total this week =/ im so exhausted and excited ill start my official thread soon though

7. MTM

Well i cant wait i will post some things whenever i finish

8. nikkeshelton

nikkeshelton Member 2 Years 100 Posts

Wow! Pretty challenging, you must be a metal fabricator.

9. SupplySgt

SupplySgt Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

Looks like an interesting project. Shame I don't have a car to put the old drivetrain into, otherwise I'd take that 6L and trans off your hands pretty quick.

10. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Sounds like a very ambitious project, should be well worth all the hard work when your done.
    Looking forward to following your post's when you get started.