1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Swapping a cummins into my truck

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by 2wheelmudder, Apr 19, 2012.

1. 2wheelmudder

2wheelmudder New Member

Well after 2 years of planning i bought a 95 12 valve cummins engine, nv4500 5sp and np241 transfercase, ill be doing this swap into my 2000 2500 silverado this summer, ill try to do a detailed forum posts on this site and 4btswaps.com and if any of you want a 6.0lv8 with gm4l80e and np246 ill be selling them once i pull the setup, so ill be keeping you updated as i go along, i plan on going for the rotm after the swap
  2. MTM

MTM New Member

Cant wait to see this conversion done. I was really thinking about doing this swap myself but that motor is just so heavy and really didn't want to do all the frame work.So i went with the 6.5 it's being built by a local diesel shop and we did a dyno a few weeks ago and it laid down 445hp so I'm pretty happy with those numbers so far. Got a built 4l80E trans and then after installed it's getting a straight axle and going on 37's
    By far a much better conversion and have a very good baseline and can do a lot more with power. And you'll have that amazing sound of that 12 valve. Awesome can't wait to see this done.
  3. 2wheelmudder

2wheelmudder New Member

i plan on solid axling the truck afterwards as well, i got the p-pump engine ans its easiest to turn up and seems to get the best mileage
  4. MTM

MTM New Member

5. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator 1000 Posts

Check this out.. Saw it at Carlisle Last year.. 141.jpg 142.jpg
  6. 2wheelmudder

2wheelmudder New Member

yes i have seen his thread, i have done so much research this week, i think i have only 10 hours of sleep total this week =/ im so exhausted and excited ill start my official thread soon though
  7. MTM

MTM New Member

Well i cant wait i will post some things whenever i finish
  8. nikkeshelton

nikkeshelton New Member

Wow! Pretty challenging, you must be a metal fabricator.
  9. SupplySgt

SupplySgt New Member

Looks like an interesting project. Shame I don't have a car to put the old drivetrain into, otherwise I'd take that 6L and trans off your hands pretty quick.
  10. tbplus10

tbplus10 Super Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

Sounds like a very ambitious project, should be well worth all the hard work when your done.
    Looking forward to following your post's when you get started.