Swapping consoles?

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by offroadaddict, Mar 8, 2010.

1. offroadaddict

offroadaddict Rockstar

I have one of the fold up center consoles and I was wondering If it was possible to take out that middle seat and put in the full length center console.

I noticed on my bosses 02 GMC it doesn't appear to be part of the dash, and the center seat isn't part of either side bucket seat so I'm assuming They're interchangeable, I just want some assurance before I go wasting time and money digging through junk yards.

2. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Yes.....you can swap out your jump-seat console to a full length Console.Below is a link,.....On how and what you need for the swap,

http://www.performancetrucks.net/fo...2&highlight=Swap out seats for center consloe

Hope this can help you......:glasses:

Last edited: Mar 8, 2010
  3. offroadaddict

offroadaddict Rockstar

oh wow.. there's no going back is there. :oops:

I'm gonna have to think about this one.

edit: nvm, I can get a different dash trim piece.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2010
  4. redneckarmyMP

redneckarmyMP Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

i put one in my truck about 2 weeks ago and it was well worth it in my opinion.i LOVE the full console so much better than the jump seat..and actually fairly easy to put in

5. offroadaddict

offroadaddict Rockstar

I use the arm rest quite a bit, I can live without it though.. Do you have a picture of how much room it has inside it?

6. redneckarmyMP

are you talking about actually inside the console under the arm rest?

7. offroadaddict

offroadaddict Rockstar

like inside/under the arm rest part that lifts up. My boss has a sub box inside his console so I've never seen inside one.

8. redneckarmyMP

theyre not as wide as what you have right now but theyre definatly deeper.ill try and get a picture for you soon