sway bar question

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by reggiecab2000, Apr 9, 2013.

Newest Photos

1. reggiecab2000

reggiecab2000 Member 100 Posts

hey guys,
    just wonderin...

is it worth it to go all out and get the aftermarket hellwig sway bar with all new poly bushings and endlinks for $250.00, or is it better to keep the factory sway bar and just upgrade the rubber bushings to polyurethane ones for about $40.00 (energy suspension)???

nothing is wrong with my stock sway bar, just wondering if a new one is worth its weight in handling by the difference in price...

thanks
  2. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I've done my past 4 trucks with aftermarket Sway bars and I drive my trucks like a Vette.. A 3 TON Vette....:glasses:

As said before I have a Hellwig set up now and could Not be happier...
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2013
  3. tbplus10

tbplus10 Super Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Poly bushings are great and make a lot of difference. In the end it really depends on how you drive your truck.
  4. reggiecab2000

reggiecab2000 Member 100 Posts

haha 3 ton vette.....
    nice!
    Yes i know our trucks respond very well to the poly bushings, I will be upgrading AT LEAST to poly bushings but just wondering about the difference between the stock bar and an aftermarket one like hellwig, either way polys will go on either as part of the new kit or just as themselves...
  5. nikkeshelton

nikkeshelton New Member 100 Posts

I sure like the way my 2009 serria handles with Hellwig front and rear swaybars. Makes it handle like a (big) sport car!