1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Sweetest place on Earth!

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by adampaul1964, Jul 3, 2009.

1. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Made our annual trip to Hersheypark on Thursday(07/02), major fun as usual but a couple more aches and pains the day after! Boy I must be getting old. Took a few pics showing some of the more radical rides, it's no Cedar Point but a really good park none the less, and it's less than an hour and a half from where we live which makes for an easy travel day. The first two pics are of the Farenheit with its 121' vertical lift hill and 97 degree first drop, needless to say it's pretty freakin' intense! then the third pic is the 150' first incline of the Storm Runner which is a launch coaster that does 0-72mph in 2 secs, gives you a small appreciation of the talent of Top Fuel and Funny Car drivers, I could hardly keep my eyes open!! Then a shot from the top of the ferris wheel of the Lightning Racer, a dueling wooden coaster, excellent ride,very cool for a wooden coaster and a shot of The Boardwalk water park. The kids are old enough to go off by them selves now so me and my Wife were able to enjoy ourselves without listening to the kids fighting and whining like it was a few years ago! so all in all a great day for every one!! Just thought I'd share and give my endorsement for anyone thinking of visiting Hersheypark!

Attached Files:

2. ippielb

ippielb Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I want to go there.... Looks amazing.
  3. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Wow that looks awesome! I actually checked into Hersheypark before, and we were going to stay in the park at one of there hotels and then to go the Carlisle Fairgrounds for one of the automotive events they have. We just never got around to it, and my dad was never too keen on the 6 1/2 hour drive for us to get there. These pictures make me really want to go now, and I didn't realize they had a water park too! Have you guys ever gone through the actual factory, I really wanted to take a tour through that facility If they let you. My mom wants to see how they make Hershey Kisses, it's just one of those things that you have to see to believe I think!

Although last year when we went to the Goodguy's show in Columbus Ohio, me and my dad got to tour the Budweiser plant and my dad was disappointed that we didn't get free samples. :lol:
  4. adampaul1964

They don't have tours through the actual plant but a "ride" that shows simulations of the chocolate making process and a free chocolate sample at the end! I've been to the park probably 12 -15 times and we always do the "Chocolate World" ride!!
  5. missingremote

missingremote New Member

Hershey's

Nice carnival. How sweet is the chocolate?:party:
  6. bob13

bob13 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

sounds like you had a great trip! On the ride do they still send you through the roaster at the beginning? It's been a few years since i've been there.
  7. Crakums_GT

Crakums_GT Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

That's awesome. Thanks for the pics. I wish we had an amusement park closer to Minot.

-Greg
  8. 2ToNe04

2ToNe04 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

dayum!

thats all i gotta say
  9. adampaul1964

Yep, they still put you through the cocoa bean "roaster" !!
  10. 04SilverChevy

04SilverChevy Rockstar 100 Posts

Can't wait to go this year. I can get tickets for 30 bux thru work so... yay. I went like 4 times the year before they put Farenheit in. Can't wait to ride that thing.