1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

switch lead location

Discussion in 'GM Electrical Tech' started by rharpel, Dec 8, 2010.

1. rharpel

rharpel New Member

Does anyone have any info on the location for a switched lead under the passenger seat of a 2010 Silverado 1500? Trying to hook up remote turn on lead for amp under back seat to closest switchable circuit. Any help is appreciated.

2. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

************thread moved*************

3. dualdj1

dualdj1 Rockstar 100 Posts

did you have to run power to the amp? Why not just run a new remote with it? I guess if you're using the factory head unit it doesn't matter where you grab power (switched), but I always like to come off the head unit if possible with my amp remote, and even factory generally has output for accessories (power antenna, etc)

4. rharpel

rharpel New Member

switched lead

Lets see how good you guys are. I'm looking for a switched lead under the passenger seat of a 1500 series 2010 Silverado. Trying to hook up amp under back seat. Unless anyone has a closer location for the remote turn on lead from the amp.

5. Vincennes02261897

Vincennes02261897 Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

6. Bigbomber

Bigbomber Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the club!

7. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Welcome!!!

8. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

*******threads merged********

9. rharpel

rharpel New Member

I agree coming off the head unit would be ideal although why go to the trouble of accessing the head unit if there is an easy/accessible switched lead under the driver/passenger seat within a couple feet of the amp. I'm not sure if there would be any "switched" circuit in the seat area due to the fact that the seat is constantly operational. Thanks.