1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Switch over to bags?

Discussion in 'Lowered & Urban Suspension' started by mattheww, Mar 2, 2012.

1. mattheww

mattheww New Member

Ok ive got my 95 C1500 dropped 4,6 with belltech kit but been thinking about switching over to bags. Any suggestions on good kits, cheap deals, or things to stay away from?
    Thanks for any help of advise!
  2. tbplus10

tbplus10 Super Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

Are you planning on going lower or do you just want to build the system with bags?
    BellTech lowering kits are prety good and when done right the ride can be almost as good as stock.
    Bags offer a good ride to once you get them dialed in and learn the pressures to run.
    Personaly if I had the truck lowered with a BellTech kit I probably wouldnt change it unless your looking for some height adjustability which is really the only advantage you'll get with bags.
  3. mattheww

mattheww New Member

Well Im not in to body drop or dragging but i would like to tuck my 20s & everybody says there is no sub for riding on air! Just not excited about dropping $4Gs on it haha
  4. ZSI52

ZSI52 New Member

KP components is the easiest/quickest way to bag a truck imo. Everything is bolt on. It's somewhat expensive though. If you have the right bags/shocks they'll ride better then stock.
  5. pantydropper

pantydropper New Member

if you do endup doing bags there will be no need for shocks because your bags become your shocks.
  6. ZSI52

ZSI52 New Member

No, you at least need to have shocks on the rear. It is extremely unsafe to not have shocks.