Switch panel?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by offroadaddict, Aug 1, 2010.

1. offroadaddict

offroadaddict Rockstar

I'm wanting to get a set of strobes for my headlights/tail lights, I know a simple toggle switch will do, but later on I plan on adding off road lights and possibly other lighting. Does anyone have any bigger switch boxes like this? Or does anyone have any good ideas of where to put it? I don't have the full length center console and I would prefer not to drill into my dash in an obvious place or into the carpet.

http://www.galls.com/style.html?assort=general_catalog&style=SE080

2. Springthing

Springthing Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Yep, some people do. Happy shopping!

---------- Post added at 12:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:16 PM ----------

As for placement...judging from where you DON'T want it installed...I say the last place would be ceiling-mounted? Out of the way, not in your face, doesn't put holes in the dash, doesn't make dash clutter.

3. offroadaddict

offroadaddict Rockstar

4. Springthing

Springthing Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Just go to the link I gave you and you should find what you are looking for.

Worse comes to worse, you can make your own. Radio Shack, as a last resort...but if you are lucky to have an electronics store you can get plastic project boxes of all types, all shapes. All you'd need is a few hours, some wire, the amount of switches you'd want, do a little bit of soldering and you'd have exactly what you want. Quite a few years ago I did just that. I'm a tinkerer with electronics so I know how to go about it, but it's not all that difficult. I even got rub-on lettering to label switches. I'm sorry, I don't have pictures.

But go to the link I gave you, above, and you should be able to find what you need.

5. offroadaddict

offroadaddict Rockstar

yea I just realized it was a link when I was scrolling down to read your last response ha

I have a pretty sweet switch from 4 wheel parts, maybe I can make a panel with crap at Frys..

6. Jimbo3

Jimbo3 Rockstar 100 Posts

Look at my profile and take a look at my switch panel I made for my truck, it's very nice and it was easy to install.

7. offroadaddict

offroadaddict Rockstar

Thats pretty clean man. I was thinking about putting a few switches up there, all I keep there are my sun glasses anyways.

8. TritonBoulder47

TritonBoulder47 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

I can put you in touch with the guy that made this... This is in my friends truck...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

He can make just about anything...

And here's what I have in my Av...

[​IMG]

9. Bougaev

Bougaev Member

I've drilled the garage remote plate like that:
    [​IMG]
    Now I've got four of that switches for front\read fog lights and for two\two extra engine blowers. And I feel, I should make a kind of console under my dashboard for a CB-transiever, analog watches and 220VAC invertor.

10. offroadaddict

offroadaddict Rockstar

How much would he charge? Can I send him a switch I would like to use and make that fit? I might not be able to have it say silverado with the size of the weighed though

He can make just about anything...

And here's what I have in my Av...

[​IMG][/QUOTE]

---------- Post added at 05:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:05 PM ----------

Bah still trying to learn to use the iPhone.