1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Switch Placement Help

Discussion in 'Lighting Discussion' started by aloxdaddy99, Mar 30, 2013.

Random Gallery Photos

1. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Earlier today I posted in the What have you done today thread about some switches I received. So today I go out to the truck to install them. The only problem is when I take off the panel the clearance behind the panel is almost zero!! I was looking to install them inthe panel below the HVAC/Radio panel. The bluetooth control module is mounted in that location ad takes up almost the entire area.
    Which brings me to my question. Where should I mount them? They are about 2 1/2 inches deep. I want them with in a comfortable arms reach. [​IMG]
  2. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Nice switches... Can you post a pic of your dash?
  3. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

oh, post pics, post pics, post pics when you get the mounted. I've got no idea where you would want them, probably a few options I suppose. ???
  4. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

could stick them down where i mounted my switch dude. i had enough room there. another option might be in the overhead by the dome light.

Alex
  5. aloxdaddy99

[MENTION=44531]Sierraowner5.3[/MENTION] the issue is the depth.

IMG_20130330_160118_084.jpg IMG_20130330_160128_973.jpg

I would like the overhead console I just don't know #1 how much depth is there. #2 how to remove it.
  6. Enkeiavalanche

Make a custom box in front of the Cup holders? or in the center console?
  7. aloxdaddy99

A spot I was thinking about was on the lower part of the center console. Plenty of area. Easy access. The only issue is you can't see the switches.
  8. Enkeiavalanche

Do you have a better pic of the housing around the switches? I have an Idea..... Can you mount them below the 3 and lighter plugs but facing up?
  9. aloxdaddy99

[MENTION=34858]Enkeiavalanche[/MENTION] do you like fiberglassing an enclosure so the switches face upwards toward the roof? Me and fiberglass are not good friends.
  10. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Sweet looking switches. Did you get them from the same place surrelalone did? What does the beer switch do?