Switch Placement Help

Discussion in 'Lighting Discussion' started by aloxdaddy99, Mar 30, 2013.

1. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Hopefully charges the Beer keg tap in the backseat!!!

2. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

i wish i could come down there to show you how i did my switch. where mine is there is enough room, however they wont be to visible. the top there by the doom light might work, depends on a few things. i had mine apart, and i think its doable. the lens over the lights kinda pops out, then there are two hex head screws that you pull and I think then it will drop.

Alex

3. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

Yes I got them the same place Surreal did.
    The Beer switch is just there to take up space. I wanted to put in an extra one for future mods and I thought the switch blank just looked cheap.
    The only place on the door side lower panel that has any amount of space for the depth of the switches does not have the width. So I think I am going to make it "work" there. But I am still not sold on that location.

4. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

FGing I don't do anymore.. But you can do something custom with Bondo and some wood work and still have a nice smooth spot for them..

5. aloxdaddy99

So I got them mounted today. Took a bit of cutting to get them to fit, but nothing a razor knife can't handle.

IMG_20130331_093011_028.jpg

6. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

i toyed with mounting mine down there, but my knees could hit them. now to get everything wired and have those switches do something!

Alex

7. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

If I mounted mine down there they'd be at eye level and blind me. :rofl:

8. aloxdaddy99

I didn't want to say that!!