1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

switching from 33's to 35's......

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by DSpivey, Feb 11, 2010.

1. DSpivey

DSpivey Rockstar 100 Posts

Im gonna switch my nitto mud grapplers from 33's to 35's on my truck. anybody know how much worse this will do me on gas?
  2. Stealth

Stealth Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

What gears are you running? Factory?
  3. Big75

Big75 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

probably wont be as bad as the loss going from stock to 33s. you'll really see it in the city...
  4. Jimbo74

Jimbo74 Rockstar 100 Posts

i went from a 33 to a 35 on my old 2001 regular cab stepside 4x4 and i had the 4.8L motor with stock 3.73s and still got 16-17 mpg. it had dual exhaust and K&N air filter, runnin synthetic quaker state 10w30, the 35s i had were on 16x8s, truck got good gas mileage for havin 35s, truck had plunty of power with just the stock gears
  5. DSpivey

DSpivey Rockstar 100 Posts

yea it has stock gears.....i was just wondering if theres much of a change. & i never saw it with stock ones on it, it came off the lot with 31's and some bullet hole rims so really i didnt see much of a change. thanks for your input tho, and i do plan to put a cold air intake on it in a couple weeks. just cant decide what kind i need to order.